Smoky Mountain Overland Build

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
You've done a great job with the pictures. Talking about Smoky Mountains? I live in Waynesville, NC. Haven't purchased a Gladiator yet but most likely when the EcoDiesels come out.
Well I just revisited this post I made in July. I lied. I ordered a 3.6L Sting Gray Rubicon on 8/5/19. Currently in JB status. Starting to get a little excited.
Sponsored

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Thanks! Assuming Fox factory rubicon shocks and not the Mopar lift ones. If so I may go that route.
Nope, factory max tow shocks with Evo shock extension brackets!

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Well I just revisited this post I made in July. I lied. I ordered a 3.6L Sting Gray Rubicon on 8/5/19. Currently in JB status. Starting to get a little excited.
That's so exciting! Can't wait to see what you do with it. @Renegade has the Sting Gray. It looks really nice in person!

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Nope, factory max tow shocks with Evo shock extension brackets!
That is even better. I have a Sport with Max Tow so I am going to assume the same set up would work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
That is even better. I have a Sport with Max Tow so I am going to assume the same set up would work.
I don't see why it wouldn't. It's a cost-effective way to have a nice setup while more options hit the market!

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
My installation experience and driving impressions of the Evo Mfg 2.5" Overland kit are finally up! Check out the post by following this link: smoverland.com/blog/evolift

Sponsored

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Hey, y'all.

I've been a little MIA lately, but we're working hard behind the scenes. A LOT of exciting Gladiator stuff is in the works! :jk::like:

In the meantime, we've been working on creating a comprehensive guide to building an overlanding vehicle (as well as updating our blog). If you have a nice overland build and/or knowledge that you want to share with others in the community, you can submit to the ebook for free here: smoverland.com/ebook-submission.

The blog is smoverland.com/blog.

That's all for now -- stay tuned for Jeep updates!

P1020451.jpg

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I almost got the Amazon hilift Jack with 2 knockoff maxtrax for 140 but I looked into it and it wasn't a good deal. I did buy a onewheel however.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I returned the 2" Daystar lift kit and purchased the 4.5" EVO Enforcer Overland kit, 2.0 Fox shocks, Steer Smarts steering, Metalcloak rear trackbar and some Quadratec black 8 hole alloys 17x9". My goal is to run 38" Patagonias. For now, I'm completely stock until I order the rear upper CAs.

Did your frontend sag at all with the new bumper? How does your truck run with the tent over the rear axle? Did it smooth the ride out? I bought a Smittybilt XRC2 for $200 and I'm dying to install everything. Problem is, my 10 year anniversary is in 4 weeks.lol
Sponsored