Sponsored

Rain Water Draining Into Cab?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
i have no idea but i brought this up to my dealership so many times ive showed them so many vids i took - we can a tesla to space but not fix the drain gutter on jeeps LOL
In space no one can hear the rain dripping...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I appreciate your appreciation...with that said. This past fall I hit a turkey with my 2018 JK. Turkey dam near came through the window and bent the window frame. Luckily owning a Jeep makes this repair easy. Short version, bolt new window in place of damaged. However, after getting a leak the first night, I went back. Body shop scratched head said wasnā€™t much they could do as window was installed proper. I knew it wasnā€™t...Short version, after going back and forth with them several times I was able to obtain a service instruction manual from Jeep, the kind they use to diagnose and fix leaking hard tops and doors. On the first page, I highlighted point (why Iā€™m confident)
95DF7F39-C060-4011-977C-6AABA586A48A.jpeg

Another point to bring up for awareness. After all was said and done it took 3 full months to fix the leak. Multiple rubber gaskets, molding pieces, freedom panel securing clamps, tons of butyl and head scratching etc. I ended up helping the shop one day with the owner himself. Imagine the cab of the Jeep being a square. Add a good amount of force to one side of that square = a diamond shape. Now the roll bar and window frame were the actual cause because nothing was aligned proper. Took cage apart, measured, put back together and repeated until entire window frame and cage were square. Took an entire day of labor. This also meant freedom panels fit perfect. No leak since. Leaky rubber seals on hard top, soft top and doors...multiple reasons how this occurs. Diagnosis can go multiple directions. 1.) I condition all the rubber portions of the top and doors regularly to help aid in the suppleness of the rubber to prevent leaks. 2.) Water leaking into the cab while door is open, I suggest getting a different vehicle. 3.) Maybe building the freedom panel front channel up where in ends in the door with butyl or some kind of workable rubber. Kinda like a gutter on a house. Then youā€™ll have nice little wings that whistle while youā€™re driving down the road. Lol I tried. Here is a link to the same manual, Iā€™m sure one exists for the JL and soon the JT.

https://www.meyerdistributing.com/m...eep_Diagnosis_and_Repair_Manual_for_Leaks.pdf
Heck with it . . . just buy a gallon of the best industrial strength 3-M adhesive available and "get to it" ! :LOL: :clap: ;)

Wolny10

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yeah... I am going to bring this thread back up... any other ideas???

I don't mind the water on the floor...but when I am dressed up going to work and water just FLOWS onto the seat it is very frustrating....

And parking on a slight incline isn't fix.. I agree it works but that isn't always possible...

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Yeah... I am going to bring this thread back up... any other ideas???

I don't mind the water on the floor...but when I am dressed up going to work and water just FLOWS onto the seat it is very frustrating....

And parking on a slight incline isn't fix.. I agree it works but that isn't always possible...
We certainly understand your frustration. If you are working with your dealer towards a resolution, please send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
i have window vents on my gladiator rubicon and they help some they are the window vents that stick on the outside of the door but hey itā€™s a Jeep or maybe we could just put a gutters on there that would fix the problem but color matched gutters of course

Shawn/B

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ5 2020 JT 2005 ram 2500 2006 ram 3500 2004 gmc 1500 1983 f600 1997 s4700 and .............. more lol
Love the calmness, the matter of factness of your reply . . . timeless ! Now who will devise a clever "fix" ? I've made a suggestion or 2 based on my RVing over the years (2004 > 2008) with TT $ 5th wheels .

no, I won't repeat myself . . . :swear: . . . :computerrage:
im open to ideas it rains here 13 months a year .

Shawn/B

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ5 2020 JT 2005 ram 2500 2006 ram 3500 2004 gmc 1500 1983 f600 1997 s4700 and .............. more lol
Everyone is saying this is "normal", however I owned a 2007 and 2012 soft top 4 door wranglers, and currently have 2015 4 door wranglers, hard top, and never had this issue. Got a gladiator last Saturday, and with today's heavy rains, I also had a river of water dump all over my driver's seat and the floorboard. This isn't "normal"... Not in MY experience, this is a seal flaw. I suspect I may have to fabricate an extension of the water channel to the right of my finger so it extends to the seal area on the left of my finger. Maybe I lucked out in my Wrangler history, but this has never happened to my vehicles before.

20190708_121257.jpg
yup same place here too :-(