Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon and 2 Gladiator Overlands
Occupation
Marketing Director
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip XPLOR-THE-GREAT-DIVIDEv2

Our journey begins July 25th from the Rebel Bunker here in Laguna Hills, California. We've been dreaming about this trip for the past 6 months and decided that since all of our events for the rest of the year have been cancelled, that there was no better time then now.

We're inviting members of our new wholesale program, which means you might see some of your local builders on this trip. So far Exploration Outfitters and Trail Jeeps are joining the crew with more shops coming soon. We wanted to give an up close experience for them to understand just how capable our XPLOR Racks are for any exploration.

We're inviting our partners who helped to make our Gladiator builds possible. So far, Rock Slide Engineering, KC HiLiTES and Pelican have joined the journey and we'll be announcing more in the coming weeks.

We'll be modifying the existing route of the Continental Divide route. We're doing this for two reasons. First - We'd like to avoid camping in the deserts of New Mexico during July and August. Sorry guys. Second - We've been trying to get Bond to go up to Colorado to do some wheeling in the Ouray-Silverton area since 2016 and thought this would be a perfect opportunity. We'll be spending a couple of days in the area before joining the official route in Lake City, Colorado. Below you'll get to see our modified route for this trip.

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Untitled-2

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Map-1

We'll be camping around the Silverton area when we get into the area on July 25th. The next morning we'll be waking up early to head to Black Bear Pass which we'll take into Telluride. From there we'll hop on Imogene Pass and head over to Ouray. We'll either be camping off Imogene or spend the evening in Ouray. The next day we'll wake up and head down to Silverton where we'll jump on Stony Pass which will take us back over to Lake City to join the main Continental Divide route.

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip map-2

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip Screenshot_2020-06-08 Topo Map, Hiking Trails, Satellite Ma

This thread will be documentation of our preparation and journey. We'll go over all the gear we're taking and the reasons behind it. We plan on living out of our Gladiators for up to 12-14 days, so you'll see first hand how and why everything is packed into these rigs. We'll post updates from the road and even invite you to local meetups along the journey. Each day of our journey will be photographed by Evan Gage and we're bringing along our former employee Austin Foley to record the whole trip. Austin joined us on our trip to Moab a couple weeks ago and will once again be handling video duties. We'd like to create episodes for each day of the trip (depending on how robust the content captured from each day is). These episodes will be released every one to two weeks.

If you've done the trip yourself please drop in the thread places you've stopped for food, drinks, cool landmarks, great camping spots, or awesome trails along the way. We're not sticking to a strict timeline on this one and we thought it would be cool to have input from you guys as to possible stops along the way.

We look forward to sharing this epic trip with all you Gladiator owners and hoping to also get you inspired to take that journey you've always dreamed of. If this whole pandemic has taught us anything, it's not to let time pass you by and miss those experiences you've always wanted to do.
So join us as we take on The Great Continental Divide!
Sponsored

Last edited:

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Have fun! I did the CD / Shafow of the Rockies a few years ago in my expo build jk. More info at: Expedition-awareness.org

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Bond, make sure to do the Alpine Loop and hit the old deserted mining set ups all of them have their own cool factor.

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 0141510E-F6D9-40A5-96F1-3DD55CE8F69A
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 87DFE881-2996-49B9-A2A7-E53C027BD933
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 8D8109D2-5BBD-4410-A3E7-9A8F953873AB

Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Bond, make sure to do the Alpine Loop and hit the old deserted mining set ups all of them have their own cool factor.

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 8D8109D2-5BBD-4410-A3E7-9A8F953873AB
Should be spending about two days in the area so we should have time to explore a little.

Thanks for the tip!

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Where's the rest of the crew starting at? If it's in New Mexico let me know and I can give any heads up that I know of down here by me.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Where's the rest of the crew starting at? If it's in New Mexico let me know and I can give any heads up that I know of down here by me.
Bond + Evan + Austin + Taylor + KC HiLiTES are heading out from the shop. They'll be meeting up with some of the other guys in Colorado. Taking the 40 up and and going around NM.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Nice, that’s a fairly nice drive up to Colorado especially when you hit the New Mexico-Colorado border.

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
would you share you Gaia Track file? i would be curious to see the route your planning. you used to be able to search for tracks on Gaia but it looks like they took that off last year

Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
would you share you Gaia Track file? i would be curious to see the route your planning. you used to be able to search for tracks on Gaia but it looks like they took that off last year
Not a problem. Shoot me an email at [email protected]
Most routes are searchable but I really think they need to do a better job with how it looks up the trails you're looking for. Sometimes I'll enter it in and nothing comes back. But when you find the trail in maps it shows up as a marked trail in the system.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Wanted to give you an idea of where we plan to mount the WeBoost using the Rhino Rack aerial mount. This location will be out of the way and easy to access when the additional increased coverage is needed.
Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip 2047207E-5ED2-4997-905C-F7B4E7A6D558

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Installed two Magnaflow exhausts on the Gladiators heading out for the trip. One of which is a new exhaust directed at the Overland community for its quieter than stock sound and low disturbance of dirt. The one pictured below is their Rock Crawler series.

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2712.JPG

Jeep Gladiator XPLOR The Great Divide - Rebels Continental Divide Trip IMG_2711.JPG
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.