True Frame-Mounted Rock Sliders?

nickjaynes

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I upgraded my Rubi with some Rugged Ridge rocker guards. But I fear those are more of an aesthetic upgrade than a true rock slider.

So, before I go bounce it off some rocks, I am on the hunt for true frame-mounted rock sliders. But, to my surprise, I haven't found a set designed for Gladiator yet.

Have you guys found any?
Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Ace Engineering sliders mount using the bolts that hold the frame and body together.

Sponsored

STLDAVE

First Name
DAve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner, Shopping for JT
Occupation
Retired
I upgraded my Rubi with some Rugged Ridge rocker guards. But I fear those are more of an aesthetic upgrade than a true rock slider.

So, before I go bounce it off some rocks, I am on the hunt for true frame-mounted rock sliders. But, to my surprise, I haven't found a set designed for Gladiator yet.

Have you guys found any?
https://www.shrockworks.com/JJT-SL-pr-16305.html

These are the preferred sliders for the 4Runner and Tacoma crowd I think. Shrockworks are high quality and very strong. They mount to the side and bottom of the frame.

RojStock

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator)
I've been eyeing these frame mounted step sliders from Rusty's. They also have a non-step version for the same price with a slightly different look.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Ace Engineering sliders mount using the bolts that hold the frame and body together.
The ace ones are body mount. Not frame.

That said I believe you dont want body & frame. You want the body to be able to flex separate then the frame. I am under the impression that body or frame is fine on a well built well designed slider. Mine are body mount & have definitly paid themselves off on the first trip out saving my body from damage.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If anybody has installed the Shrockworks sliders on your Gladiator, how well do they work as steps? My 5'2" wife definitely wants functional steps before she'll let me swap out our running boards.

I had been waiting for VOD to release their alumimum sliders to keep weight down, but I keep scraping up the current Overland steps that I had hoped to sell so I'm leaning to just going steel with Shrockworks frame mounts.

Sponsored