Sponsored

The absolute best shocks for the JT for serious offroading?

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Bilstein, Dirt Logic, Icon, Falcon, Fox, OME.. first off, I'm an admitted newbie. About to do the MC 3 1/2 in GC lift with 37's on a JTR (gonna try out their Rock Sports to begin with).
Here's my situation: I won't be towing, I won't be carrying a lot of weight in the bed (just a spare and a few essentials). I run moderate to some difficult trails in N GA. If you really want the most plush ride on rough stuff offroad, as well as horrible uneven city pavement, potholes, speed bumps.. what would you guys suggest? I just came across the SEMA 19 video showing the BILSTEIN B8 8100 series direct-fit Bypass shocks. Wish I could un-see it... now I want those when they become available, but at that price point I'd have to sell multiple organs to get a full set. Sheesh..
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Fox remote reservoir coilovers, or King remote coilovers are about the best. Fabtech's Dirt Logic coilovers are also pretty damn nice and a solid unit.

But if you're talking about standard shock absorbers, and not coilover conversions, then I'd say Fox or King remotes, and I hear good things about the Falcons.

OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fox remote reservoir coilovers, or King remote coilovers are about the best. Fabtech's Dirt Logic coilovers are also pretty damn nice and a solid unit.

But if you're talking about standard shock absorbers, and not coilover conversions, then I'd say Fox or King remotes, and I hear good things about the Falcons.
Alabama Mud Machine, thanks man - I know the JT will never ride like a cadillac, but would just like to bomb service roads and rough trails at a little faster pace, without feeling every little bump and hit transferred directly to the cabin. I'm gunna look into these options.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Don't forget to disconnect your swaybar, it's a huge improvement for straight axles going over rough roads.

Edit to add: I'm forgetting the Tazer JL that allows me to do that in 2Hi up to 30 MPH, that alone is almost worth the purchase price. I miss my '97 Ranger for driving too fast on rough roads.....

Alabama Mud Machine, thanks man - I know the JT will never ride like a cadillac, but would just like to bomb service roads and rough trails at a little faster pace, without feeling every little bump and hit transferred directly to the cabin. I'm gunna look into these options.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Why not go with the MC 6-pack instead of rock sport to begin with? There are a few guys floating around with them installed.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget to disconnect your swaybar, it's a huge improvement for straight axles going over rough roads.

Edit to add: I'm forgetting the Tazer JL that allows me to do that in 2Hi up to 30 MPH, that alone is almost worth the purchase price. I miss my '97 Ranger for driving too fast on rough roads.....
The sway bar and lockers in 2wd, the ESS turnoff, Auto-Park turnoff, and high-beams with foglights, is worth every penny. Plus, all the other adjustable features it has.

OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not go with the MC 6-pack instead of rock sport to begin with? There are a few guys floating around with them installed.
Initially it was just the cost, and their proprietary rock sports helped me at least get the complete kit together to start - I've seen great reviews of their 6-packs tho for sure.

OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dammit. I need to just break down and get one :headbang:

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I have a set of Bilstien 5125 on mine and I'm fairly impressed and they didn't break the bank

OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a set of Bilstien 5125 on mine and I'm fairly impressed and they didn't break the bank
I have looked at those as well, as you say they're priced within the realm of reason. I'm sure they would impress.