Great System! Quick Question...

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
Hello! I wanted to pose this question here just in case anyone else is having the same issue...

First and foremost, the product that Clayton puts out is fantastic!!

I am running the 2.5" Overland Plus System and just can't get one of the rear springs from rubbing on the frame of the Jeep. I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I've tried reseating, making sure the track bar was adjusted correctly, etc...to no avail. I have a significant amount of rubbing and creaking from the suspect spring (as one would expect in this scenario) when going over bumps of any size.

Any advice? Is it a spring issue itself? The other three springs, both front springs, and back passenger spring are absolutely perfect.

Anyway...just seeing if Clayton has any advice, or if anyone else has any suggestions.

Thanks for the product and I plan on using more of their parts in the future!
Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Hello! I wanted to pose this question here just in case anyone else is having the same issue...

I am running the 2.5" Overland Plus System and just can't get one of the rear springs from rubbing on the frame of the Jeep. I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I've tried reseating, making sure the track bar was adjusted correctly, etc...to no avail. I have a significant amount of rubbing and creaking from the suspect spring (as one would expect in this scenario) when going over bumps of any size.

Any advice? Is it a spring issue itself? The other three springs, both front springs, and back passenger spring are absolutely perfect.

Anyway...just seeing if Clayton has any advice, or if anyone else has any suggestions.

I hate to be the first to ask, but can you post a pic? I'll go look at mine tomorrow but I don't think I have an issue. I don't have anything aftermarket in the rear besides springs, shocks and brake lines.

John

OP
OP
bring44

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
I hate to be the first to ask, but can you post a pic? I'll go look at mine tomorrow but I don't think I have an issue. I don't have anything aftermarket in the rear besides springs, shocks and brake lines.

John
I don’t have a pic right now, but I can post one tomorrow. On the driver’s side frame rail at the ( where most of the top of the spring seats, the outside of the spring rubs the frame. I tried to place the blue rubber pieces from the stock springs on the the Clayton springs to see if it would just quiet it down, but it still doesn’t seem right. I have a JTR btw, not that it’s really going to make a difference.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I have the same kit but have no problems. I love it. Hope you get it diagnosed. I am sure COR will stand behind their gear and get you taken care of.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Here's a pic of my driver side rear spring. Did you make sure that the rubber isolator nipple is in the hole at the top? I know you mentioned that the spring was "clocked" correctly in the isolator cup but making sure the isolator cup is also seated properly into the frame.

Jeep Gladiator Great System! Quick Question... 1604333784651

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Hello! Sorry to hear about your issue, this is definitely not normal as your spring should not be touching your frame for any reason. If you'd like, feel free to send us some pictures so that we can take a look and try to help diagnose what may be going on. Most likely it's something simple that can be addressed easily!

OP
OP
bring44

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
I grabbed a spring compressor today and played around with it some more and it looks like I fixed it. I didn’t think it had anything to do with the product itself, but a user or installation issues. Hopefully it stays there! I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had a similar issue just in case I was missing something.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I grabbed a spring compressor today and played around with it some more and it looks like I fixed it. I didn’t think it had anything to do with the product itself, but a user or installation issues. Hopefully it stays there! I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had a similar issue just in case I was missing something.
Happy to hear!

OP
OP
bring44

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
Happy to hear!
Thank you for your product!

Quick question...what size are the bolts for the front bump stop? The nuts on mine rattled off because I didn’t tighten them down enough. Just asking before I go through the trial and error process.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Thank you for your product!

Quick question...what size are the bolts for the front bump stop? The nuts on mine rattled off because I didn’t tighten them down enough. Just asking before I go through the trial and error process.

3/8"-16, get nyla-nuts and you won't have to worry about losing them.