First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
sales
My touchscreen stopped working properly today. I can still use the tune button to move the selection highlighting around but if I touch it it won't select. If I am on carplay in my podcast app with my episodes pulled up and slide my finger around it will randomly work on certain things and sometimes slide the page up and down. Is there anything I can do about this? We did get our first cold day today so I thought maybe it sat for a while and needed to warm up but it didn't help. I've only had my gladiator for a month or so now. Thanks.
Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My touchscreen stopped working properly today. I can still use the tune button to move the selection highlighting around but if I touch it it won't select. If I am on carplay in my podcast app with my episodes pulled up and slide my finger around it will randomly work on certain things and sometimes slide the page up and down. Is there anything I can do about this? We did get our first cold day today so I thought maybe it sat for a while and needed to warm up but it didn't help. I've only had my gladiator for a month or so now. Thanks.
Mine had did this a couple times now & I need to take it in. I cannot press anything on the touchscreen to make it work. The steering wheel controls work but thats it. The last time this happened it went super haywire and started jumping from screen to screen and even kept turning on my heated seat & steering wheel. I took a video it was acting so crazy. I even stopped and restarted the jeep and the touchscreen still was frozen.
I also have issues with the Nav working properly. Sometimes it will just sit on the world globe boot screen for an entire 2 hour trip. Its useless & frustrating!
Anyone else having unconnected 8.4" touchscreen issues? Is there a TSB or reboot to fix this?
I asked the dealer how to do a hard reset while on the road & they had no clue.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Mustangr

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Network Administrator
Well 6 months of ownership without an issue and now my alpine 8.4 touch screen stops working just like the original poster in this thread.
I can do a hard reset ( hold power and browse for 30 seconds) and it will start working for 4 or 5 minutes. Then stop again.

anyone Else experience this?

the jeep is my work vehicle, so getting it to the dealer and getting a car to drive may be difficult.
Sponsored