MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club

DangerClose

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Interesting change, that's going to make it difficult for some items to be installed

My 2020 Mojave has the lower threaded hole
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 20201221_155639
Can confirm - my 2021 Mojave does NOT have the threaded hole... just found out the hard way after ordering a new cover and now trying to talk to the dealer so they understand what to do and how to correct.

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Can confirm - my 2021 Mojave does NOT have the threaded hole... just found out the hard way after ordering a new cover and now trying to talk to the dealer so they understand what to do and how to correct.

I had the same problem I had to return my RR top and wait 2 months for an updated mopar part - 82216371AA - that to me means poor planning on FCA, they made a change and didnt have parts readily availble for the consumer. unacceptable!

And it's annoying that Jeep is still not relaying to the dealerships to mention this to the customers, or that Jeep/FCA is not working with vendors to update their products to support change in the bulk head, or at least it appearrs to be that way..

The new part number requires a rivet nut to be installed on either side, I decided to have a stealership install it, that way if something happens I will take it right back to them, plus the instructions say if you don't have a rivet gun to take it to the dealer to install them. I've been happy with the 82216371AA tonneau cover, except that it is a little pricier than the RR and of which i could have easily installed myself (maybe thats why FCA made the change)

Here are my original posts back in Sept 2020 - shame on FCA!

Bulkhead (top left and right side) threading missing?!!

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mojave-edition-gladiator-jt-club.33157/post-570880

DangerClose

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I had the same problem I had to return my RR top and wait 2 months for an updated mopar part - 82216371AA - that to me means poor planning on FCA, they made a change and didnt have parts readily availble for the consumer. unacceptable!

And it's annoying that Jeep is still not relaying to the dealerships to mention this to the customers, or that Jeep/FCA is not working with vendors to update their products to support change in the bulk head, or at least it appearrs to be that way..

The new part number requires a rivet nut to be installed on either side, I decided to have a stealership install it, that way if something happens I will take it right back to them, plus the instructions say if you don't have a rivet gun to take it to the dealer to install them. I've been happy with the 82216371AA tonneau cover, except that it is a little pricier than the RR and of which i could have easily installed myself (maybe thats why FCA made the change)

Here are my original posts back in Sept 2020 - shame on FCA!

Bulkhead (top left and right side) threading missing?!!

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mojave-edition-gladiator-jt-club.33157/post-570880
Yeah - just spoke to my local dealer (again) but had a technician from the original dealer look up the part - they say they want me to buy the rivnuts with a 'new order' now so I guess I'll one-star them on their review when I get it and their inability to make an effort after spending $800 on the top itself. Can validate the part # is good as well.... thanks for the update. I'll keep you posted.

Rivet Nut Rivet Nut - Mopar (6507196AA)

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Yeah - just spoke to my local dealer (again) but had a technician from the original dealer look up the part - they say they want me to buy the rivnuts with a 'new order' now so I guess I'll one-star them on their review when I get it and their inability to make an effort after spending $800 on the top itself. Can validate the part # is good as well.... thanks for the update. I'll keep you posted.

Rivet Nut Rivet Nut - Mopar (6507196AA)
I actually never even picked up my top, I just drove my JT to the stealership and had them install it and according to the instructions (ATTACHED) - the rivet nuts come with the kit? why are they making you buy the rivet nuts? or did they mistakenly tell you to buy the kit that is for the threaded bulk head (prior to march 2020 builds)?? SMH!
Here is how it looks installed
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 9A5A204A-711D-429C-BBE5-6DD68F1A5BB1

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

DangerClose

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club ntreads1

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club ntreads2

Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club ntreads3

Mine is not the trifold - it's the rolling cover - also the hex holes (upper) are where your instructions state to install the rivet nuts when on the rolling cover they go in the lower holes (which should be threaded but are not). We check 4 gladiators at the dealership a few minutes ago - none of them after Jan2020 are threaded in the lower hole - they were all different models (sport, rubicon) so it looks like the lower hole is no longer threaded and requires manual threading (through a Rivet Nut process) or running a locking washer on the back - I don't want a washer on the back so looking to buy the rivet nuts on amazon direct for the included M8 nut.

Last edited:

JTM-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
IT

Mine is not the trifold - it's the rolling cover - also the hex holes (upper) are where your instructions state to install the rivet nuts when on the rolling cover they go in the lower holes (which should be threaded but are not). We check 4 gladiators at the dealership a few minutes ago - none of them after Jan2020 are threaded in the lower hole - they were all different models (sport, rubicon) so it looks like the lower hole is no longer threaded and requires manual threading (through a Rivet Nut process) or running a locking washer on the back - I don't want a washer on the back so looking to buy the rivet nuts on amazon direct for the included M8 nut.
Ahh i see, RR actually sent me a new (additional) brackets, but it had to be be mounted over the body of the bed and screwed against bulk head between the cabin and the bed, possible scratching the paint and expose bare metal - no thanks! Which is why I sent it back.
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 115742CF-93B2-4A98-90AD-687114A0EEBC

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Do I need to worry with a new front bumper about the front skid plate and the shock reservoir I want to do the Rugged Ridge Spartacus full length bumper had it on my JL and want to do the JT

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Finally, Tuggernuts enjoy, I love that color!
Who would have thought Hydro Blue Gladiators are faster the the red ones, but yup it's a fact!......Jack

Sponsored

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
Finally, Tuggernuts enjoy, I love that color!
Who would have thought Hydro Blue Gladiators are faster the the red ones, but yup it's a fact!......Jack
Ha, but not as fast as Sting Gray!
Picked it up yesterday.
(my friend and neighbor said “it’ll look good when you get it painted”) LOL!

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Hey folks. First post. Hoping to order a Mojave in the coming weeks. Torn between sting gray and hydro Blue.

Love the posts!
Orange works better with the gray. Fact.

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
Hey folks. First post. Hoping to order a Mojave in the coming weeks. Torn between sting gray and hydro Blue.

Love the posts!
Those were the two colors I had to choose between as well!

Welcome, and have fun deciding.

GLADHappy

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Everything but the Bluetooth looked hard but couldn't find with Everything else i wanted. INSTALLED nitto 35s with Rhino Shedders, RC bumper, Badland 12k winch, ACE upper Deck, mopar handles, low profile military antenna, mopar gladiator door sils, tinted front windows, ORDERED 57x43 bed slide, ACE rock slides, GO Rhino light bar pillars, GO Rhino quad light brackets and Mopar mud flaps for now
Jeep Gladiator MOJAVE Edition Gladiator JT Club 20201129_154752
Sponsored