Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
20201221_062743.jpg
our beta ones do not have the grill on them or the little jeep and guy. I am willing to think that could be an option later or is not happening at all
Frankly it’s probably better if it doesn’t have either of those icons. It looks cool BUT I know Jeep protects the shit out of their icons and I would bet that someone at Jeep HQ scours these forums and there would be a cease and desist notice going out. They are notorious for that.

I tried to do a custom Yeti cup with the Jeep grill on it and was denied. They told me point blank they had done it in the past and Jeep contacted them. They had to stop or get their permission then start paying royalties.
Sponsored

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
For anyone interested here’s what the blade keys I got on eBay ($13 for 10 keys) look like. I tried putting the key on the ring like Lucky1 and definitely prefer the full blade since I don’t have power locks and need to use the blade every time I unlock my Gladiator. FYSA the keys are cheap but cost $18 a piece to have cut at my local locksmith.
I just keep the “brick” in my pocket and throw my keys in too once I unlock my door. It’ll be nice to have the new fob once it’s available to reduce the pocket bulge.
Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) B17325E6-1FDD-430E-ABFA-0830EA7769BD

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
For anyone interested here’s what the blade keys I got on eBay ($13 for 10 keys) look like. I tried putting the key on the ring like Lucky1 and definitely prefer the full blade since I don’t have power locks and need to use the blade every time I unlock my Gladiator. FYSA the keys are cheap but cost $18 a piece to have cut at my local locksmith.
I just keep the “brick” in my pocket and throw my keys in too once I unlock my door. It’ll be nice to have the new fob once it’s available to reduce the pocket bulge.
B17325E6-1FDD-430E-ABFA-0830EA7769BD.jpeg
Do have a link for the key blank or a "Keyless Factory" part number?

Thanks in advance.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
So for those without power locks, you still have to carry the BRICK just for the push button start?

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
So for those without power locks, you still have to carry the BRICK just for the push button start?
If you press a chip key (or just the tiny RFID chip if you wanted to remove it) against the button, it will start. The fob only gives you the ability to press the button without pressing a chip against it directly.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
If you press a chip key (or just the tiny RFID chip if you wanted to remove it) against the button, it will start. The fob only gives you the ability to press the button without pressing a chip against it directly.
I assume an implant like yours would have to be closer to the finger tip? Would you happen to know how close it has to be to the button?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I assume an implant like yours would have to be closer to the finger tip? Would you happen to know how close it has to be to the button?
It would have to be ultra close, and think it wouldn't work anyway. Mine has different properties than the one in the key chip. To open my front door, I have to flatten the back of my hand to the reader.

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
Do have a link for the key blank or a "Keyless Factory" part number?

Thanks in advance.
I just searched eBay for “SIP22 key blank” They’re called test keys. How many do you want? I’ve got seven left over and could send you a couple.
Yep, we get to carry the brick since there’s no keyed ignition.
Exactly, I’m looking for a silicon key topper so I can fix the rfid chip from the brick to the top of the key blade securely. If that works satisfactorily carrying the brick around will be optional. Once these new circuit board carriers are available having the rfid chip on the key will just be for emergency use.

Sponsored

PresidentGod

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Army AGR
I’ll take one...

Kevin
Shoot me your address in a PM and I’ll send you a couple.

if anyone else wants one let me know. After reserving two for @mazeppa and shipping two each to @mountainpass and @Kevin_D I’ll be down to one.
Hers a shot of the bag that they came in for reference:
Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) image

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Was it hard finding a locksmith to cut this key or can any locksmith do it? Not something that the local big box store could do I suppose...

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

if anyone else wants one let me know. After reserving two for @mazeppa and shipping two each to @mountainpass and @Kevin_D I’ll be down to one.
image.jpg
fantastic, thanks! I ordered a bag tonight.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) image
Just PMed you, THANKS A LOT!

This is what I have and had cut, it is kind of awkward, the key blanks you have will be more convenient.

Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.34.31 PM

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Was it hard finding a locksmith to cut this key or can any locksmith do it? Not something that the local big box store could do I suppose...
I have a local ACE Hardware that I had cut mine, the other key cutting places im my area can't. These type of keys are becoming common now so most locksmiths should be equipped with the tools to reproduce the blade keys. The locksmiths in my area since Covad 19 are not opening their brick-and-mortar stores and only doing service calls.
Sponsored