Sponsored

Grab handle bolt

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Deleted member 30519

I was trying to install this cup/phone holder this morning but the bolt won't come out of the the grab handle. Anyone else have any issues? I'm not sure how I'm going to I get the bracket on now. I could try to pull the grab handle towards me to try get the bracket behind the bolt but the bolt is like 3" long. Idk why I bother with this amazon stuff. I figured the five star reviews were solid.

Savadicar JL & JT Multi-Function Drink Cup Phone Holder, 2 in 1 Bolt-on Stand Bracket Organizer for 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU & Jeep Gladiator JT Trunk https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCGKMVX/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_4qZ.Fb0Z7CSH1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I was trying to install this cup/phone holder this morning but the bolt won't come out of the the grab handle. Anyone else have any issues? I'm not sure how I'm going to I get the bracket on now. I could try to pull the grab handle towards me to try get the bracket behind the bolt but the bolt is like 3" long. Idk why I bother with this amazon stuff. I figured the five star reviews were solid.

Savadicar JL & JT Multi-Function Drink Cup Phone Holder, 2 in 1 Bolt-on Stand Bracket Organizer for 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL JLU & Jeep Gladiator JT Trunk https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCGKMVX/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_4qZ.Fb0Z7CSH1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Are you using an 8mm? What do you mean it won't come out?

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Are you using an 8mm? What do you mean it won't come out?
It says on the directions to use a 10mm. I had to take the trim bezel off to get to the bolt. The whole thing thing comes loose but bolt head is stuck to the trim. This screen shot isn't my JT but this is what I mean.

Screenshot_20210113-151607.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

It says on the directions to use a 10mm. I had to take the trim bezel off to get to the bolt. The whole thing thing comes loose but bolt head is stuck to the trim. This screen shot isn't my JT but this is what I mean.

Screenshot_20210113-151607.jpg
I just read someone that had a similar problem on the screen shot below. I might have to resort to this.

Screenshot_20210113-130233.jpg

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Holy cow that mount with the big ball sticking out looks like it will put a good hole in your sternum if you forget to wear the seatbelt and the JT hits something and suddenly stops from a high speed...

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Holy cow that mount with the big ball sticking out looks like it will put a good hole in your sternum if you forget to wear the seatbelt and the JT hits something and suddenly stops from a high speed...
Nah, your sternum will be spared by your face first impacting the windshield. No worries. CMM is all great stuff.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I was wondering why your install is so difficult while mine (for a tablet) was relatively easy. However, apparently this solution won't work on leather interior vehicles, which I presume yours is ...

https://cmmoffroad.com/collections/grab-bar/products/jl-grab-bar-ball-mount

Gladiator, Apr 20, CP_104616, New Nexus 7 Install.jpg

That's not where the mount to my holder goes. You have to take off the AC trim bezel off to get to it. look at the above pics I sent and you can see. I finally got it on last night when I got off work. I had to slightly pull back the other arm of the grab handle to get the long bolt in back of the bracket. PIA but works pretty good with my phone.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Nah, your sternum will be spared by your face first impacting the windshield. No worries. CMM is all great stuff.
ROFL. Sternum, face, life, who's counting at 500psi on impact...

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I jacked up my trim on the climate trim with the cheap plastic pry tool they give you with the kit. I ordered this silver cover on amazon to make it go away. If I could go back in time I'd probably pass on this holder. :facepalm:

IMG_20210114_110533.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-165001~01.jpg

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Ive had this same holder since I bought the JT. Had zero issues with install (or any time I've removed it for stereo related things)

I'm not understanding the exact issue you're having. But maybe I can help, with a little clarification
PM me if you want

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I know this bolt. It has a washer stuck to it and is held in place by plastic tabs. You have to remove them. Well, that's what I did.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That's not where the mount to my holder goes. You have to take off the AC trim bezel off to get to it. look at the above pics I sent and you can see. I finally got it on last night when I got off work. I had to slightly pull back the other arm of the grab handle to get the long bolt in back of the bracket. PIA but works pretty good with my phone.
I understood that. I guessed you didn't opt for the relatively easy CMM solution because of a leather interior. Seeing your completed picture, I was mistaken.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Air bags were created for the foolish.

injaneer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I have the opposite problem, Just installed this, now my bolt will not tighten back into place. WTF.
Sponsored