Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Hello,
I am pretty new to the forum and new to off-roading although I use to ride 4 wheelers all over upstate NY every chance I got.
Now I am in Georgia in the north east and want to take the truck on some trails. Nothing to crazy. Can anyone recommend some trails around north east Georgia? When I look up some trails around here they all look closed due to one thing or another.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Josh
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Probably everything I knew about in GA. is gone now that fits what you're looking for. Maybe some mud bogging down near Florida /GA but not something I would take a JT in.

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
See if there’s any on the Jeep Badge of Honor app

Cernst

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Diesel Gladiator '94 Land Cruiser '08 Ram 4500
I’ve been meaning to check out this place, but it hasn’t happened yet:
https://ironmountainresort.com/

Also Beasley Knob outside of Blairsville.

There are a few trails in Rabun County. You can check out the Upper Tallulah River area near the community of Tate and the area along the Chattooga River is mostly forest service gravel roads but there are some cool creek crossings and such there as well.

You’re right, a shocking number of trails have been closed in this area over the past 20 years, much of it due to overuse...not much left to choose from anymore. Please be respectful of the few trails remaining to make sure they stay open.

Sponsored

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
The N GA mountains are full of service roads. Some are passenger car passable, some are not. Popular ones are Grassy Gap Road, Old Bucktown Road and Tray Mountain.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I used to ride dualsports in the Dahlonega/Suches area. Mainly around Camp Frank Merrill. Coopers gap, Nimblewill, Canada Creek, and several other Forest service roads are good ones up there. Nothing crazy, but nice rides nonetheless. Gotta be careful of the mountain bikes, hikers, and motorcycles.

This is a newer 4x4 park in the same area:

OP
OP
JoshBiz

JoshBiz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
I used to ride dualsports in the Dahlonega/Suches area. Mainly around Camp Frank Merrill. Coopers gap, Nimblewill, Canada Creek, and several other Forest service roads are good ones up there. Nothing crazy, but nice rides nonetheless. Gotta be careful of the mountain bikes, hikers, and motorcycles.

This is a newer 4x4 park in the same area:

I have never been to a park like that I normally just road old trails in NY when I was young I guess that's considered trespassing now. Thank you for the info! I do have a bike but not a dual sport maybe one day!

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have never been to a park like that I normally just road old trails in NY when I was young I guess that's considered trespassing now. Thank you for the info! I do have a bike but not a dual sport maybe one day!
I have only ridden ATVs at the state and private parks. Not interested in taking an expensive Jeep to one. They’re usually more difficult and I’m not all about damaging anything. Dualsports on the other hand are where it’s at. I had one for several years when it was just me and the misses. Having a kid cut back on my time, so I got rid of it. I miss it and will have another later on when free time decides to show back up haha

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Look up the Georgia Traverse route. It is mostly just gravel roads but there are some technical sections. It is enjoyable. easy roadside camping.
This picture is from about five weeks ago.

B8A7D727-41E7-4423-B7A2-5C3C56785353.jpeg

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Look up the Georgia Traverse route. ...
I was going to recommend that, too, I drove the western half a few years ago. Here's a video on what to expect on that, if interested ...

I apologize for the ads. My channel is not monetized, but Google is now forcing ads on those of us who don't. Please feel free to hit the "Skip" button when it pops up. You're not denying me any income.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I like Tray mountain just outside Helen. Most parts are really just enough to be fun and not so bad that you risk damage or getting stuck (although there are tougher areas you can try if you want).
I posted a pic of a mudpuddle crossing up there that seemed to freak some folks out:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...sh-overlands-aren’t-just-mall-crawlers.42620/

It really wasn't as bad as it looked in the pic, but I think I will heed the advice about avoiding water over the hood in the future!

I've also run Bucktown, and service rd 28-1. The service road is really just a gravel road, may have a little mud if it's rained recently.
You might check out the "Alltrails" app. That's how I found every trail I've run.
Sponsored