Sponsored

2021 Mojave and steering stabilizer benefits

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Hi all, new member here who just bought a 2021 Mojave last week. Just starting to break it in. Overall the handling is better than I was expecting, but I wouldn't mind a bit more steering feel. Are there still significant/noticeable benefits to be gained by adding one of the steering stabilizers to a Mojave? Just was wondering if it's worth the investment. I'd like to go with one of the Fox options to match my shocks. Looks like the exact match would be the most expensive option:
Factory Race Series 2.0 ATS
Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Hi all, new member here who just bought a 2021 Mojave last week. Just starting to break it in. Overall the handling is better than I was expecting, but I wouldn't mind a bit more steering feel. Are there still significant/noticeable benefits to be gained by adding one of the steering stabilizers to a Mojave? Just was wondering if it's worth the investment. I'd like to go with one of the Fox options to match my shocks. Looks like the exact match would be the most expensive option:
I have posted this before and still stand by it, the ATS 2.0 is a major upgrade and well worth it. I can make the JT feel like the heaviness of my M3 or like an amazingly loose offroad build. very nice ride, great and easy adjustability, the falcon would be my second choice.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Wish I had an answer. What I have is a Mojave and will patiently wait to see what response you receive.

I was looking at the 2.0 ATS from Fox also.

OP
OP
Mojave2021

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I have posted this before and still stand by it, the ATS 2.0 is a major upgrade and well worth it. I can make the JT feel like the heaviness of my M3 or like an amazingly loose offroad build. very nice ride, great and easy adjustability, the falcon would be my second choice.
Thanks for your response. Did you also have any issues with needing to bend the bracket to mount it successfully? I’ve read about that issue a few time in the reviews.

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
Thanks for your response. Did you also have any issues with needing to bend the bracket to mount it successfully? I’ve read about that issue a few time in the reviews.
No not at all it went in super easy. I do have a 3.5 inch game changer lift from metal cloak, but that did not make a difference in this install.

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I just picked up a 2021 JT HA, and I also think I would benefit from a better stabilizer. Its not bad, but light...

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
The stabilizer damps out the live axle death wobble syndrome. It would be interesting to find a safe place and see how heavy the steering is with it disconnected. They don't call it death wobble for nothing!

OP
OP
Mojave2021

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
No not at all it went in super easy. I do have a 3.5 inch game changer lift from metal cloak, but that did not make a difference in this install.
When on a firmer setting does the steering wheel return to center right on its own still? I had heard the Teraflex Nexus 2.2 adjustable doesn’t return to center on the firm setting but I wasn’t sure about the Fox ATS.

Last edited:

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have the Fox steering stabilizer en route, so eventually, I will have feedback...

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The stabilizer damps out the live axle death wobble syndrome. It would be interesting to find a safe place and see how heavy the steering is with it disconnected. They don't call it death wobble for nothing!
If you're experiencing death wobble you need more than a steering damper... all the damper does is mask underlying problems.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
nice! I still see it out of stock everywhere.
I got it from Amazon...they had 14 in stock at the time I ordered it...should be here Monday according to the tracking number...

OP
OP
Mojave2021

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I got it from Amazon...they had 14 in stock at the time I ordered it...should be here Monday according to the tracking number...
really? The one I see on Amazon is a different part number: 983-02-143. I thought the Gladiator needs 983-02-148.