Sponsored

School me on the steering TSB, had it done, and now truck sucks.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
check your work order/invoice to be sure they used the correct part number steering box.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Could it be the wandering before was masking this? I guess i'm not sure how much of a pull you have but I have noticed that on certain roads i have a whole lot of left dialed in, but then others it tracks nice and straight. With the steel box my jeep is very sensitive to road crowning.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Could it be the wandering before was masking this? I guess i'm not sure how much of a pull you have but I have noticed that on certain roads i have a whole lot of left dialed in, but then others it tracks nice and straight. With the steel box my jeep is very sensitive to road crowning.
to be honest, my steering was pretty great before this. I only mentioned the TSB during my first jeep wave oil change, and after was told parts were ordered and was scheduled to have it installed. I figured what the heck, new upgraded part, maybe its even better. Nope.
Now the steering is tighter for sure, but now there is a pull constant right that I never had before the gear change.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
You dont happen to have an aftermarket steering stabilizer do you? If its not neutrally charged it can actually cause a pull to the right. You could always try pulling the factory one and just driving slow to see if it alleviates anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You dont happen to have an aftermarket steering stabilizer do you? If its not neutrally charged it can actually cause a pull to the right. You could always try pulling the factory one and just driving slow to see if it alleviates anything.
No I am still on factory. if I get a wild hair over the weekend i may pull it to just see, but I doubt that is causing it since it was completely fine before last fridays TSB.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drove to the gym a few mins ago, and noticed something else on my recent drive. If I am stopped and turn the steering wheel really slow, there is resistance, and then suddenly the steering wheel will just do a jerk or do a small jump feel. like it just skips a small gap of no resistance. I can repeat this over and over and had not noticed it before. I believe this may be the "notchy" feeling some people have described. I took a video of it as well.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
drove to the gym a few mins ago, and noticed something else on my recent drive. If I am stopped and turn the steering wheel really slow, there is resistance, and then suddenly the steering wheel will just do a jerk or do a small jump feel. like it just skips a small gap of no resistance. I can repeat this over and over and had not noticed it before. I believe this may be the "notchy" feeling some people have described. I took a video of it as well.
Perhaps it needs to be bled better?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Leeches?

Joking aside - makes me wonder if punk'n isn't thinking what I am - air?
On the other hand - this needs to be dealt with at the dealer level, too - get on record, push 'em, use whatever you find here. It's not right. And if everyone fixed their own, there'd be no more TSBs or cases for dealers to discuss with the star team.
I like to fix things myself - but I also like to push the system and responsibility.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Leeches?

Joking aside - makes me wonder if punk'n isn't thinking what I am - air?.....
Many years ago, they used leeches on my uncle's leg to try to save it (true story). It didn't work. And, probably wouldn't work on the steering issue either.

But yes, I meant air... ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
could be. I have tried the old turning lock to lock multiple times and holding at each end for a few secs.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leeches?

Joking aside - makes me wonder if punk'n isn't thinking what I am - air?
On the other hand - this needs to be dealt with at the dealer level, too - get on record, push 'em, use whatever you find here. It's not right. And if everyone fixed their own, there'd be no more TSBs or cases for dealers to discuss with the star team.
I like to fix things myself - but I also like to push the system and responsibility.
I like to fix things myself as well, but when I can get it for free, and I didnt cause the issue, no thanks. haha.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
That’s exactly the issue I have too. I have to hold the steering wheel to the left but the truck also drifts right when I let go. I’ve always had the steel steering box. Mine is a late January 2021 build I believe. As I stated in another thread, this started after my tire rotation lol.

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe i missed this… what truck (model, year, etc) is it?
2020 to my knowledge that is the only ones the TSB applies to.
Sponsored