Sponsored

Ground to fender height- driver side approximately half an inch higher than passenger side- normal?

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
I noticed this a week ago when reconfiguring my wdh and even without any load (uncoupled). I just installed airlift airbags today and the enven measurements still exist. DS is higher than PS, front or rear. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Measure with an average weight person sitting in the driver's seat and a full fuel tank and see what the difference is.

Dennis K

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fineartamerica.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Gecko Sport S with Mack's Toe
Occupation
Ret
I would think it was to offset the fuel tank. My son just did a 3 inch lift on a 4Runner and the right *I think) spacer was half what the other one was for the tank allowance...

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
my JT diesel sat higher on the drivers side (low fuel level at the timme)after 3.5" teraflex springs. couldnt really find an answer I was happy with. So I used JKS ACOS for the added spacer and to allow me to level it side to side.. If I remember correctly, I set the drivers at 1.5" and passenger at 1.75".. I should probably take some pics.

OP
OP

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
Ah. I am glad it's not just mine. OK, will go to Costco for a fill up measure again....

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed this a week ago when reconfiguring my wdh and even without any load (uncoupled). I just installed airlift airbags today and the enven measurements still exist. DS is higher than PS, front or rear. Is this normal?
half an inch - nothing. I'd only be concerned with more.
Where is your truck when you measure? On a totally level scale, or in your garage or driveway?
If in your garage, bet a beer it's not level, especially if there's a floor drain, but otherwise, they shouldn't be totally level as the way slabs work........
And driveways are normally slopped for drainage, etc. I don't have much for anything level here except very small parts of the garage. Even my big shop floor has two drains and has a very gradual slope for water drainage - although the idiot that did the work f'd up big time and now water doesn't flow TO the drains......
You can also double-check what the difference might be due to by turning the truck around and measure again.
Oddly enough, mine is 1/4" higher right rear than left rear, and, the front is perfectly even (that part of the floor is level according to my 8" level)

OP
OP

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
"bet a beer it's not level"...hahaha. not sure if u r talking about a type of floor construction or if a can of beer is in the passenger side drink holder adding more wt that side

I went to church yesterday...parking lot. That is where I usually do my set tt ups. My garage is still packed with amazon boxes and camping stuff. I wish I have a bigger garage. Someday maybe....

We're glamping in the driveway yesterday and my sister noticed the eneven spaces between (left and right) front fenders and front bumper.
Sponsored