First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 RAM
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to order a 2022 Gladiator and would like to find a dealer somewhere in Texas I can work with. I know from previous experience that the dealership and the sales person can make the ordering experience a real joy or a frustrating PITA.

My request for a recommendation here was prompted today after a conversation with a local Chrysler/Jeep dealer who supposedly had 24 years of experience tell me (while logged into his configurator) he couldn't find a 'sport s' trim ... which he finally figured out .. but not until he'd lost all my confidence by telling me the max tow package was the same as the tow package with different tires.... (Clueless!!)

Anyway...
I plan to use the FCA affiliate program and I've seen on the forum here some glowing recommendations for shops and sales people in TN and GA ... I'm looking for a dealership in Texas that is straight forward in their pricing and doesn't play games with the deal along the way. And, just as important is finding someone who actually knows something about what they are selling and how to get to the desired configuration as economically as possible.

While I'm willing to drive a ways to make a deal, I need get it done in Texas to take advantage of sales tax reduction based on trade-in value.

So, anyone have recent personal experience ordering in Texas??

Thanks
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I'm going to order a 2022 Gladiator and would like to find a dealer somewhere in Texas I can work with. I know from previous experience that the dealership and the sales person can make the ordering experience a real joy or a frustrating PITA.

My request for a recommendation here was prompted today after a conversation with a local Chrysler/Jeep dealer who supposedly had 24 years of experience tell me (while logged into his configurator) he couldn't find a 'sport s' trim ... which he finally figured out .. but not until he'd lost all my confidence by telling me the max tow package was the same as the tow package with different tires.... (Clueless!!)

Anyway...
I plan to use the FCA affiliate program and I've seen on the forum here some glowing recommendations for shops and sales people in TN and GA ... I'm looking for a dealership in Texas that is straight forward in their pricing and doesn't play games with the deal along the way. And, just as important is finding someone who actually knows something about what they are selling and how to get to the desired configuration as economically as possible.

While I'm willing to drive a ways to make a deal, I need get it done in Texas to take advantage of sales tax reduction based on trade-in value.

So, anyone have recent personal experience ordering in Texas??

Thanks

Some various leads from 2019/2020 cant hurt to try and follow up on them.
Any Texas Dealers Matching NC's 7% off MSRP? | Page 3 | Jeep Gladiator Forum - JeepGladiatorForum.com

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
PM me. I have a dealer in Austin that is great. My mojave was the second jeep we have ordered from them and both were as easy as could hope for and did affiliates no problem.

OP
OP

Dmcgee

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
IRTexasman ... thanks for that. I'd done a few searches before sending my message but missed this one.
Mac Haik shows up a bunch.... that's a big chain and not one I'm familiar with (lived in the DFW area for 40+ years).

Thanks, Dan

OP
OP

Dmcgee

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
PM sent...

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
IRTexasman ... thanks for that. I'd done a few searches before sending my message but missed this one.
Mac Haik shows up a bunch.... that's a big chain and not one I'm familiar with (lived in the DFW area for 40+ years).

Thanks, Dan
no worries. We are neighbors, lol. 75032 here. I think Meador and Greenville are prob best local bets (a couple grand under MSRP). After that probably going to be Covert or maybe Mak Haik and then Iā€™d check Conway in Ark. Last I heard they were doing 4% under. Then you get to Gupton in TN. That is who I will order from if ā€œEarlā€ is available before March. If not available by then I will get the new Canyon AT4 or Colorado ZR2. Thought about the new Tundra and 22 Sierra but just am ready to downsize from a full size.

DevilDog0321

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra 6ā€ lift on 35ā€™s 2018 JLU Rubicon on 37ā€™s
Iā€™m in 75032 also and you sure canā€™t get good prices at the dealership in our zip code since they want to add $3-5k worth of floor mats , wheel locks , window tint , nitrgen in tires and there bs paint and dent protection
Ive tried to buy fords and jeeps there and they have wanted to play games 3 different times

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
For sure. Total waste of time going to any metroplex dealerships anymore.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Any luck finding a deal? Iā€™m new to this forum, but also looking to order in Texas.
Iā€™ll be keeping my ā€˜13 JKU to bang around.......

OP
OP

Dmcgee

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Any luck finding a deal? Iā€™m new to this forum, but also looking to order in Texas.
Iā€™ll be keeping my ā€˜13 JKU to bang around.......
Sorry for the delay on progress...I had a lengthy response all typed out on another computer here at the house and was proof reading it all when my internet died (Suddenlink SUCKS!!) ... then I lost it all on a reboot I guess.

For those following the thread ... yes, I now have a VON for a new Sarge Green Gladiator... should get a VIN in the next week or so if I understand the process correctly.

Anyway, I took the accumulated advice offered and got the best responses from Mac Hiak and Covert (both in Austin). I ended up going with Covert because I really hit it off with the Salesman (Mike .. PM me or IRTexasman for detail if interested in the who specifics).

I ended up being able to take advantage of the "affiliated" program via TreadLightly (1% below invoice) but that's it ... no discount beyond that.
I was told that if any additional rebates or discounts become available via MOPAR/FCA/StealANTUS?! those would apply when we complete the deal upon delivery (January 22?!).

Covert was easy to deal with* (*up to this point anyway) and the order was placed with a $1000 deposit. The salesman was very responsive, knowledgeable about the Jeep product line, and clearly knew the ins and outs of the configurator / build process.
And although I don't fault him or the dealership for trying ... the salesman didn't flinch when I told him I wasn't interested in ANY of the up-sell 'we add to all vehicles at our dealership'. This is where they often make their boat payment money (or maybe alimony??) .. in this case it was a package of things, stuff like nitrogen fill in tires, VIN etching, etc., which I don't care about.
It would have added just shy of $2500.00 to the cost! For that money I'll be replacing the stock front bumper, adding a 10K lb winch, an ARB on-board compressor, and still have money left over to go on a nice road trip to Colorado.

If something goes side-ways I'll update this thread .. else I'll update with any interesting details when I take delivery.

Be safe ... and happy hunting for YOUR best deal!!

dan

Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Thank you for the update, Dan!
When you state 1% under invoice, is that dealer invoice or MSRP?
Thanks again!

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Sorry for the delay on progress...I had a lengthy response all typed out on another computer here at the house and was proof reading it all when my internet died (Suddenlink SUCKS!!) ... then I lost it all on a reboot I guess.

For those following the thread ... yes, I now have a VON for a new Sarge Green Gladiator... should get a VIN in the next week or so if I understand the process correctly.

Anyway, I took the accumulated advice offered and got the best responses from Mac Hiak and Covert (both in Austin). I ended up going with Covert because I really hit it off with the Salesman (Mike .. PM me or IRTexasman for detail if interested in the who specifics).

I ended up being able to take advantage of the "affiliated" program via TreadLightly (1% below invoice) but that's it ... no discount beyond that.
I was told that if any additional rebates or discounts become available via MOPAR/FCA/StealANTUS?! those would apply when we complete the deal upon delivery (January 22?!).

Covert was easy to deal with* (*up to this point anyway) and the order was placed with a $1000 deposit. The salesman was very responsive, knowledgeable about the Jeep product line, and clearly knew the ins and outs of the configurator / build process.
And although I don't fault him or the dealership for trying ... the salesman didn't flinch when I told him I wasn't interested in ANY of the up-sell 'we add to all vehicles at our dealership'. This is where they often make their boat payment money (or maybe alimony??) .. in this case it was a package of things, stuff like nitrogen fill in tires, VIN etching, etc., which I don't care about.
It would have added just shy of $2500.00 to the cost! For that money I'll be replacing the stock front bumper, adding a 10K lb winch, an ARB on-board compressor, and still have money left over to go on a nice road trip to Colorado.

If something goes side-ways I'll update this thread .. else I'll update with any interesting details when I take delivery.

Be safe ... and happy hunting for YOUR best deal!!

dan
Glad Mike worked out for you. He is a great guy, easy to work with and drives a Mojave. Covert is just as easy to work with on the back end as well.

OP
OP

Dmcgee

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for the update, Dan!
When you state 1% under invoice, is that dealer invoice or MSRP?
Thanks again!
Dealer invoice ....

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Can a dealership still give 1% off for the Tread Lightly membership despite it not being part of the FCA association nor the 2022 Gladiator qualifying for the FCA discount no matter which companies are affiliated?

I mean, if they have your agreed upon price in writing then hopefully they stick to it no matter how that discount gets applied.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
The issue is more of the model and trim being eligible for the manufacturer to reimburse the dealership. No reason for the dealership to agree to a discount they will not get reimbursed for.
Sponsored