CavFab_MFG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
CavFab
We have had a ton of questions asked about our prototype bed-rack seen in several photos of our shop JT. After speaking to a customer today he mentioned a potential group buy. We are going to leave this thread up to gauge interest in a group buy of our Bedrack (pictured below) to see if the interest is there to justify us making more of them.

I will post additional details on the bed-rack this evening / tomorrow but to give you an idea:

*A minimum of 10 racks @ $500 each, plus shipping. Once we receive 10 commits I will gather addresses and pull shipping quotes.
*These will be shipped raw steel, you will need to have them painted or powder coated prior to final install (as our all of our larger parts)
*We will not be able to confirm fitment with any specific tonneau cover, we do not have the capacity to install a ton of different toneaus and confirm or deny fitment with our bedrack.

As mentioned above, we will post detailed specs on our rack shortly.

If this is something you are interested in, leave a comment to keep up with updates.

--CavFab

Jeep Gladiator CavFab JT BedRack Group Buy Opportunity IMG_1225.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yetiman615

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave, ‘19 X3
Occupation
Operations
I’m in for one if you get enough interested. I am local enough to pick up once complete and am the customer you were speaking to. Thanks!

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
yes, i would like more information.

Sponsored

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
I would be in pending pics.

OP
OP
CavFab_MFG

CavFab_MFG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
CavFab
Bit of an update here (Big one actually)

After some discussion we have decided to go all in with this group buy.

$500 plus shipping once we get a sufficient amount of commits. Id say within a week (give or take a few days) we will request payment to get these going (we will request your address for a shipping quote and then email you an invoice to pay)

Bed Rack Details:

*Rectangular openings on the sides accept the 3 different side panels that we offer (Blank, Molle, or a Generic Slotted Mounting System). **Each side accepts 2 panels (can be mixed / matched depending on what fits your needs best** The rack ships by default with no panels (as shown in the render below). Panels will be available to purchase at the time of the group buy (or later) for
*3 Total Crossbars
*Included Mount for trail rail or the standard bedsides
*Slots on the top of the rack as well as the sides are made specifically to accept MaxTrax Brand Mounting Stud (and are spaced appropriately for these). Other brands may work, but we cannot confirm this
*Tonneau Compatibility: Obviously a hot topic...we used this successfully with the "Lite Rider" cover (cheap cover from Amazon). May work with others, but we do not have the capability to test different covers to confirm or deny compatibility.
*Additional accessory modules coming in the future: Side Panel Storage Bins
*Raw Steel (Ready to be powder coated or painted)
*Retail pricing will be $700+

If you are ready to commit, drop us a message directly with "Bed Rack" as the subject and include your address and email. We will add you to the list and will pull shipping quotes and begin sending invoices.

IMG_3319.PNG

OP
OP
CavFab_MFG

CavFab_MFG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
CavFab
Photos below show some of the different panels (Molle, Slotted, Privacy) you can add on depending on your needs for the rack. Again, these can be mixed/matched and have 2 per side (4 total) or you can leave it blank as shown in the render above.

These panels will be available for purchase during the group buy, or can be added later as they will be on our website.

6F2A260C-4C04-469F-8738-D13BA215350B.jpeg

18801431-04C9-46B8-92F4-893BD11916F1.jpeg

9F9927C1-2FEF-4537-8867-4E8FB6D1472D.jpeg

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Are you only offering a half size rack, not to be level with the roof?
I second this question. Also, powder coat is not an option?

OP
OP
CavFab_MFG

CavFab_MFG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
CavFab
Are you only offering a half size rack, not to be level with the roof?
At this time I do not believe we have plans to make any other size rack. We felt this was a very happy medium between being super short and tall (matching the roof line). With 37s a rack that mounts even with the roof line may have a hard time getting into a standard size 7ft garage with any kind of accessories mounted to the roof.

OP
OP
CavFab_MFG

CavFab_MFG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
CavFab
I second this question. Also, powder coat is not an option?
No powder coating at this time. Chances are the thing would be chipped by the time UPS got it to you...and that creates a massive headache for us and the customer.

OP
OP
CavFab_MFG

CavFab_MFG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
CavFab
Some pricing for the panels:
Molle Panel: $74.99 (Each)
Slotted Universal Mounting Panel: $69.99 (Each)
Blank Panel (Privacy): $49.99 (Each)

Also, we know several folks are interested in using this for a RTT...with the vast amounts of different RTT designs some may require spacing the tent off the top crossbars for clearance (we did that with ours in the photos).
Sponsored