Sponsored

South Texas

Punkn_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Moving to South Texas in a couple months is there anyone from Edinburg, Mission, McAllen, Harlingen area?
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
We already have vacation plans for SPI the first week of October
We use to go down every year for the Bike Rally a few years back. Missing the Island

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Let me know if you guys want a meet up since I'm local to SPI. This week hasn't been so nuts especially compared to last year. Could be the shit weather.

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Where yā€™all staying? What beach?
Planning a trip there for the first time in a couple weeks.
Any recommendations as to where to stay? Just want to relax and take the kids to the beach. I understand that you can drive on the beach in some places?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Punkn_Gladiator

Punkn_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Beach access 5 & 6 is where we went in yesterday.. You can ride from #5 down the #6 then continue on down the beach towards the Adventure Park.. Plenty of drivable beach through that area..

20220319_160423.jpg

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Any recommendations as to where to stay? Just want to relax and take the kids to the beach. I understand that you can drive on the beach in some places?
PLENTY of places on the island, best bet is airbnbs or Priceline for decent price.You can also camp for free on the beach but be aware it's pretty windy, even at night.

We have over 20 miles of beach to drive on. I think North Padre is a little larger(in corpus). Remember they consider it a county highway so there are cops patrolling on the beach(especially now) and they will pull you over for seatbelts and speeding(speed limit is 10mph).

costs 14bucks a day(12 for entry,2 for trash bag program) to enter through Access 5 which is maintained. It's free for Access 6 since they don't keep up on it. You'll need 4wd to get through there. Closer to summer they will start clearing that access and start charging too.

Today I'll be out Paramotoring around noonish just north of Access 5 on the beach. Look for a white JTRD on 38s with a dude flying around on a green wing. That will be me.

OP
OP
Punkn_Gladiator

Punkn_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
PLENTY of places on the island, best bet is airbnbs or Priceline for decent price.You can also camp for free on the beach but be aware it's pretty windy, even at night.

We have over 20 miles of beach to drive on. I think North Padre is a little larger(in corpus). Remember they consider it a county highway so there are cops patrolling on the beach(especially now) and they will pull you over for seatbelts and speeding(speed limit is 10mph).

costs 14bucks a day(12 for entry,2 for trash bag program) to enter through Access 5 which is maintained. It's free for Access 6 since they don't keep up on it. You'll need 4wd to get through there. Closer to summer they will start clearing that access and start charging too.

Today I'll be out Paramotoring around noonish just north of Access 5 on the beach. Look for a white JTRD on 38s with a dude flying around on a green wing. That will be me.
Access 6 charged yesterday.. We will try to get back over there this afternoon..

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Access 6 charged yesterday.. We will try to get back over there this afternoon..
ah, knew it would be sometime soon. Glad though, too many idiots get stuck there trying to save a buck.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Padre or Surfside?
Sponsored