Sponsored

Texas Gulf Coast Beaches

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
It would be interesting to see if we have covered all the beaches / islands / peninsula on the Texas Gulf Coast. I am guessing we have. It has become a goal of mine (living in the Houston area).

So far the following are my impressions:
Galveston - west end has some soft sand and trails to ride on

Matagorda East (Egret Island) - has some soft sand for about 20 miles, it was fun to drive since it was not very crowded (a car every half mile or more) and could pick up some speed. I got my transmission temp to 207 degrees before pulling off to the hard sand next to the water to cool off a bit.

HIgh Island - is mostly closed for now for reconstruction or refurbishing

Bolivar / Chrystal Beach - is fine for some soft sand and cruising

Sufside - is fine for some soft sand and cruising

Sargent Beach West - is fine for some cruising (a lot less people), nothing really technical

Sargent Beach East - is not very crowed and there is not much soft sand, but more off road sand "trails". I forgot to note how long this stretch of beach is, but is it substantial. Good place to test out the premium shocks on the Mojave! At the far east end there is a unique sand mound that looks more intimidating than it really is...just need to get some momentum going before tackling it.

Would love to hear other's opinion and scouting reports of other beach up and down the coast.
Sponsored

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
Thanks, on my list! I plan to drive every Texas gulf coast island.
Sponsored