ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Padre or Surfside?
Since it's my first time, what would you suggest? Always hear how great Padre is but really open to anything. We love the beach and most of our vacations are centered around one. Since moving back to SA, we for sure want to take advantage of having one in our back yard!
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Since it's my first time, what would you suggest? Always hear how great Padre is but really open to anything. We love the beach and most of our vacations are centered around one. Since moving back to SA, we for sure want to take advantage of having one in our back yard!
The further south you go the prettier the water. This time of year is good pretty much anywhere though especially with a light north wind. Winds have been strong this spring though north and south.

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The further south you go the prettier the water. This time of year is good pretty much anywhere though especially with a light north wind. Winds have been strong this spring though north and south.
Nice! Air BNBs are a good option but would you recommend any local places to stay? We may head down this weekend to investigate a bit without the kids. 😎

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Nice! Air BNBs are a good option but would you recommend any local places to stay? We may head down this weekend to investigate a bit without the kids. 😎
You could check and see if Quintana Beach has their cabin’s rebuilt. Not sure about anything further south. I usually do Airbnb when I have relatives in town

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
The wind is insane!! I'm going to have Popeye forearm after this week.. lol..
The wind is what brought me down here lol. Did you take boca chica south to the rio/border? Can do a little more dune riding there unlike on the island. Watch for the famous sinkhole though. You can drive pretty inland along the river when the tide is down.

3EFD5031-D55A-4386-9372-74C553E543E4.jpeg