Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
Jeep Gladiator Deceptive Advertising (IMHO) walter-4

<rant>
So if you just look at the Gladiator page off of Jeep's website, it talks about Uconnect vehicles being able to do the remote features (find, lock, unlock, remote start). NO WHERE here does it talk about this fine print crap of Uconnect 4 vs 4C, only "3 Different Uconnects for you!" mumbo. So, I went ahead and purchased a vehicle that had the 7" touch screen with Uconnect and now (no thanks to any dealer personnel or online help) I discovered this isn't the magic 4C you need, only the 4. Maybe I'm officially entering "grumpy old man"-ville, but this just sticks in my craw. And, more so, that I had to figure it out on my own. As of this post, I have a service appointment for tomorrow, to get it activated (which I'll be cancelling).
</rant>
Sponsored

OP
OP
spanishmack

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Gotta do your own research nowadays. Can't trust the dealer for anything. Make sure to appropriately review them when you get your survey. Also doesn't hurt to tell the dealer you are doing it and why as well before hand. Really that survey response is the only thing the dealers really care about.

JeepersBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Self
Jeep Gladiator Deceptive Advertising (IMHO) walter-4

<rant>
So if you just look at the Gladiator page off of Jeep's website, it talks about Uconnect vehicles being able to do the remote features (find, lock, unlock, remote start). NO WHERE here does it talk about this fine print crap of Uconnect 4 vs 4C, only "3 Different Uconnects for you!" mumbo. So, I went ahead and purchased a vehicle that had the 7" touch screen with Uconnect and now (no thanks to any dealer personnel or online help) I discovered this isn't the magic 4C you need, only the 4. Maybe I'm officially entering "grumpy old man"-ville, but this just sticks in my craw. And, more so, that I had to figure it out on my own. As of this post, I have a service appointment for tomorrow, to get it activated (which I'll be cancelling).
</rant>
Harumf! Harumf!

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Skip it. Mine hasn't worked in a year.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
You’re honestly not missing anything with the Uconnect stuff. It’s okay if it even works.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine works fine, and my salesman was good about explaining what was necessary.

What I find on the Jeep web site, Gladiator page is this - key word "available" - otherwise I don't see what says explicitly that they will.........
>>Available Uconnect® Services let you connect to your Gladiator through an easy-to-use app that gives you remote access and control, plus key information about your driving.<<

It's also a subscription thing as far as using an app to access the truck lock, unlock, etc...
That's why it says "available", not "Jeeps will do this"

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
The OP bought a product for tens of thousands of dollars and DIDN'T check to see if features he wanted were in it....and this is somehow the seller's fault?

Uh....no.

OP, don't forget to holler, "Get off my lawn, YOU DAMN KIDS!" Lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The OP bought a product for tens of thousands of dollars and DIDN'T check to see if features he wanted were in it....and this is somehow the seller's fault?

Uh....no.

OP, don't forget to holler, "Get off my lawn, YOU DAMN KIDS!" Lol
When my wife shops for vehicles, she doesn't know what to ask for but she knows her goals and what she wants to happen or have the vehicle do, so she asks - will the wipers come on when it rains? Will the headlights dim when another car comes? Can I unlock it without pushing any buttons?
When you know the right questions or have a goal and can describe the goal, it'll get you there.

Redbear

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Gotta do your own research nowadays. Can't trust the dealer for anything. Make sure to appropriately review them when you get your survey. Also doesn't hurt to tell the dealer you are doing it and why as well before hand. Really that survey response is the only thing the dealers really care about.
Funny how the surveys work. Dealer asked me if there was any reason I wasn't going to give them 5 stars. I said "besides you making me wait for over 2 hours for our scheduled appointment, dirty jeep with a crushed in front bumper?" Never did receive that survey...
Sponsored