Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Awesome pics, Im in Conroe myself. Definitely making the trip eventually!
I absolutely recommend it. You will not be disappointed.
Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Oh man... it was a hell of a time! I wouldn't be surprised if you noticed us, the group I run around with has been known to attract some attention. 3 of the JKs I was with are INSANE builds.

Also, where at in KS are you from? I'm originally from KS.
Newton

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
It was a couple of dudes from Salt Lake. They apparently bought the car for like 450 bucks, put the biggest tire they could fit on it and then put a spool in the rear end. Other than the spool and the tires, the thing was completely stock, 2 wheel drive and the places I saw that thing go was mind blowing.

Hells Revenge is a loop. Hell's Gate is a smaller loop on Hell's Revenge. I really thing he would have made it up Hell's Gate but broke an axle shaft in the rear end so he was one wheel peeling from then on.

They made it back out in 1 wheel drive and made it back to town! HAHA!
That is hilarious. 10/10 on the Kid Rock scale 🇺🇸. I was supposed to go up there Saturday after my EJS run but was kinda done after 6 days of hitting it hard. What ended up being your favorite trail? My neighbor took his red Gladiator on Poison Spider yesterday, ended up doing Golden Spike, Gold Rim and Where Eagles Dare. Gave me shit for doing Fins and Things with another group lol. He said the Gladiator showed up folks on a number of obstacles.

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
That is hilarious. 10/10 on the Kid Rock scale 🇺🇸. I was supposed to go up there Saturday after my EJS run but was kinda done after 6 days of hitting it hard. What ended up being your favorite trail? My neighbor took his red Gladiator on Poison Spider yesterday, ended up doing Golden Spike, Gold Rim and Where Eagles Dare. Gave me shit for doing Fins and Things with another group lol. He said the Gladiator showed up folks on a number of obstacles.
We ran 'The Trifecta' on Wednesday. So, Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Rim. That was definitely my favorite day of the trip. There was a handful of real deal obstacles and the views were incredible. IMO the view of Moab from on top of Gold Rim is better than the view from Top Of The World and the wheeling is WAY better than Top Of The World.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Moab Easter Jeep Safari IMG_3364

There was a rollover on the waterfall on Golden Spike right before we went up it... the Gladiator just walked right up it with no problem though.

As far as the Gladiator showing people up on certain obstacles, he's absolutely correct. I was with a group of JTs that are all on 42"+ tires, one tons, 16" travel coilovers and full custom 4-links front and rear and I wheeled right alongside them all week. The wheelbase of the Gladiator REALLY made certain obstacles easy and I only remember one spot where I said, this isn't going to happen and had to back down and take a different line.

Sponsored

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Good posts and pics, thx for the share. I'm planning for next year, but for those of us with 35s and 3.5" lift, plus rock sliders, which trails are doable, at least that trifecta?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We ran 'The Trifecta' on Wednesday. So, Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Rim. That was definitely my favorite day of the trip. There was a handful of real deal obstacles and the views were incredible. IMO the view of Moab from on top of Gold Rim is better than the view from Top Of The World and the wheeling is WAY better than Top Of The World.

There was a rollover on the waterfall on Golden Spike right before we went up it... the Gladiator just walked right up it with no problem though.

As far as the Gladiator showing people up on certain obstacles, he's absolutely correct. I was with a group of JTs that are all on 42"+ tires, one tons, 16" travel coilovers and full custom 4-links front and rear and I wheeled right alongside them all week. The wheelbase of the Gladiator REALLY made certain obstacles easy and I only remember one spot where I said, this isn't going to happen and had to back down and take a different line.
Yep. Some wrangler people shake their heads if we need to do a y turn sometimes, they we do climbs without a tire chirp while the two doors throttle up and try not to tip over backwards. :) They aren’t perfect, but the JT is a real Jeep all day long.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Yep. Some wrangler people shake their heads if we need to do a y turn sometimes, they we do climbs without a tire chirp while the two doors throttle up and try not to tip over backwards. :) They aren’t perfect, but the JT is a real Jeep all day long.
Exactly! Upchuck everybody was rough for two doors especially. Lot of high rev and spinning the tires trying to hook up. A CJ ended up spitting out its driveline because of it. Me and my buddies Gladiators walked right up. The wheelbase let us take a different line.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not interested in the rock climbing just would like to go to check it out and see the sights. Maybe if they had a few trails or something for a non modified JT would be ok.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things

Dang you hit it hard! Good shot of the rig btw. What suspension setup are you running?

My neighbor said the same thing about waterfall. I hope to do those trails next year. My rock slide step sliders were already bent up after first day out. Got the armor plating on order hope it comes before next EJS 😂

6651BF52-95F7-4571-AE4C-18BA4A87D0E0.jpeg

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not interested in the rock climbing just would like to go to check it out and see the sights. Maybe if they had a few trails or something for a non modified JT would be ok.
There’s plenty for stock gladiators. It might be the perfect destination. Dry sandstone is like driving on Velcro. It’s really quite easy. No need to hit crazy stuff to have a ton of fun.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Dang you hit it hard! Good shot of the rig btw. What suspension setup are you running?

My neighbor said the same thing about waterfall. I hope to do those trails next year. My rock slide step sliders were already bent up after first day out. Got the armor plating on order hope it comes before next EJS 😂

6651BF52-95F7-4571-AE4C-18BA4A87D0E0.jpeg
Wow. Where did you set it down to dent it that much?

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Wow. Where did you set it down to dent it that much?
It took a bunch of hits in that one spot. A lot of sliding on them too. The first big hit was on Wipe Out Hill there is a big drop and all the sliders were taking abuse. The metal is kinda thin stock so with out having the armor kit its common to see damage like this. Knew it coming in so I took it “easy” 🤣

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It took a bunch of hits in that one spot. A lot of sliding on them too. The first big hit was on Wipe Out Hill there is a big drop and all the sliders were taking abuse. The metal is kinda thin stock so with out having the armor kit its common to see damage like this. Knew it coming in so I took it “easy” 🤣
Damn. I’ve been out there and barely scratched them, so far. But usually the frame skids hit first.

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Good posts and pics, thx for the share. I'm planning for next year, but for those of us with 35s and 3.5" lift, plus rock sliders, which trails are doable, at least that trifecta?
Thank you, sir!

I think you would be absolutely shocked with how many places you could get around in Moab with a Rubicon on 35s. There are only a few places I would suggest you stay away from and that's mostly because they don't have bypasses, once you're in you're in. Pritchett Canyon, Behind The Rocks, BFE... you'd want to stay away from them. Otherwise, you'd be amazed... the vast majority of big obstacles have bypasses or multiple lines to pick from.

If you make it out there, the trifecta and top of the world are mandatory. They are iconic spots with amazing views.
Sponsored