Sponsored

Freeway Travel with Doors off

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Go for it but, don’t have a have full chocolate milkshake in the cup holder… ask me how I know. Better yet, ask the guy on the motorcycle behind me. 😖
Jeep Gladiator Freeway Travel with Doors off anchorman-burrito
Sponsored

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
..Especially when you get the wind blowing through your beard!
This ain't always pleasurable.... when you get about 4-5" of hang time, the cross winds whip it and it stings... and eventually is long enough to whip you in the eyeball....
And no, I'm not going to braid it.

Tecao

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
This ain't always pleasurable.... when you get about 4-5" of hang time, the cross winds whip it and it stings... and eventually is long enough to whip you in the eyeball....
And no, I'm not going to braid it.
Very good point! I'm at about 6 in or so...
Buuuuut
Pain is pleasure 😁👍😆😆

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I concur....an empty holster does a lot of deterrence.

A lovely experience.

The only thing I change is I carry my full size SIG and I slap it right in the cup holder just incase people believe in open door policies and get to confident.
63952710735__0F1E2FB5-2B97-438B-9274-F897CC77EFD2.jpg

Reactions: A 2

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Normally, I don’t ever drive with my glacier glasses (don’t ask, or do, but I have a collection for some reason).
But, with the wide angle [fisheye] mirrors, I don’t have to worry about the blinders so much…..
Anyhow, these are great jeeping glasses. They have wrap-around cable earpieces, and keep my eyes from getting wind-beaten.
I’m sure Oakley flak jackets are better, but that shits boring.
Jeep Gladiator Freeway Travel with Doors off 35378FA8-6A81-4C59-84B1-94EB2D5EB94C

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Anyone done any freeway traveling with the doors off. I have mine off and I don't really want to put them back on currently but I have to drive into the office. Its a 50 mile drive each way on the tollway. just curious from others who may have done such.
Yes, fun. Dress warm. Noise cancelling headphones are your friend.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the "speed adjust volume" option turned on in the stereo? Having that at 2 or 3 really boosts the audio.
I have that set to max and it does nothing, zip. Doesn't matter if you drive fast with panels out, panels in, roof off, roof on, the volume never changes with speed. It just doesn't work.
I could tell it worked on my Chevy, on this truck you can't tell the difference. The faster you drive, the less you hear the stereo unless you turn it up manually. It's a worthless feature.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite driving my JT with top n doors off but...
Nice part of having multiple Jeeps. :like::rock:
Tuesday I drove my LJ in to work with doors off Safari top on. Wrap around specs worn fleece jacket on way in.... radio not doing anything with 33/12.5r15s on 565 at 70mph or anything above 45 for the matter. Mandatory training then spend afternoon in Traffic Court.
Rant part on:
Monday I pulled off hardtop and started to install a solar system on my LJ when I found some scumbag cut starter cables on my LJ...:swear::swear: I had to fix and seal them up. I still got to replace or fix O2 sensor wires from it. :mad:
Hopefully the POS got a shock when cutting the wires.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I have that set to max and it does nothing, zip. Doesn't matter if you drive fast with panels out, panels in, roof off, roof on, the volume never changes with speed. It just doesn't work.
I could tell it worked on my Chevy, on this truck you can't tell the difference. The faster you drive, the less you hear the stereo unless you turn it up manually. It's a worthless feature.
Works for me. Hopefully it'll work in your new Gladiator.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Mine works just fine :) It's not a jarring difference like it has been in a few past vehicles and seems more refined. If your music sounds like it's the same at low speeds as it does high, then it's working exactly as intended (not that I need to tell you that). I think some people are just familiar with older and clunkier versions of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So curious in case anyone has noticed and might be able to comment. I have in my dash cluster a the upper right corner the setting for current MPG. Normally it fluctuates a little. But I just noticed that with my doors off this thing goes wild. Yesterday I watched it when driving to and from the office and it was just crazy. It never settled down. Guess I could get rid of it and replace it with some other info.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine works just fine :) It's not a jarring difference like it has been in a few past vehicles and seems more refined. If your music sounds like it's the same at low speeds as it does high, then it's working exactly as intended (not that I need to tell you that). I think some people are just familiar with older and clunkier versions of it.
That's the problem - it's not. I have to turn it up to hear it. If it's at 8 when driving our rural roads and then I hit the highway, I have to run it up to 10 or 12 to hear it the same.
There's a long exit ramp I take to get home from towns north of me - I use that to judge as you slow from 65-70 down to about 10-15 to make the turn at the bottom of the exit.
Maybe part of the problem is that unlike other vehicles, the noise in these increases exponentially as speed increases. The chevy you couldn't tell it was "louder" - you knew it was working because on the highway you could still hear the radio without touching the buttons. Jeep - I have to turn it up.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So curious in case anyone has noticed and might be able to comment. I have in my dash cluster a the upper right corner the setting for current MPG. Normally it fluctuates a little. But I just noticed that with my doors off this thing goes wild. Yesterday I watched it when driving to and from the office and it was just crazy. It never settled down. Guess I could get rid of it and replace it with some other info.
It's going by fuel being used, engine load, speed, etc. and with doors off, roof off, etc. - it's like the main sail of a big pirate ship, or the chute on the ass end of a drag car.
And that's going to vary a lot because of wind, direction, going into a protected area with trees or hills, then coming out into the wind again, I notice mine changes when on a fast 2 lane on a windy day and a semi passes me from the other direction. It's like I hit the brake.

Reactions: BAT
OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I concur....an empty holster does a lot of deterrence.

Jeep Gladiator Freeway Travel with Doors off 35378FA8-6A81-4C59-84B1-94EB2D5EB94C
I was thinking this same thing lately. Maybe put a holder or something there so that when I am on longer trips, etc could drop my pistol in it. I did have someone on the freeway holler asshole at me yesterday. I kind of laughed cause traffic was moving pretty slow and I was just going along. All of a sudden guy in truck was along side me and he just hollered out asshole. I guess it was directed at me. I just ignored him. But with some of these crazy road rage folks you never know. We had one just the other day on Mason Road. Guy in truck pulled up alongside an older gentleman in his truck and just started firing rounds at the older guys truck and supposedly screaming stuff. Then he just sped off. Luckily the older guy was not injured. Never heard if the caught the shooter

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
People have lost their minds. I was cut off by two people yesterday and flipped off by both...:clap:
One time coming back from a run I had a tailgater that pulled up next to me. When I looked over casually...(I am a situational awareness person) he lost his mind.
Started threatening me and swearing. He told me all about what he was going to do to me and how I preferred the company of men and all sorts of delightful things.
I'm in a naked Jeep. So I did not reach for the 1911, I pulled out my phone and started filming him.. This freaked him out and he left. I figured if he did exit his vehicle and climb in mine to assault me, I would have some good video evidence for the police post encounter.
Problem solved at the lowest level. :like:

I was thinking this same thing lately. Maybe put a holder or something there so that when I am on longer trips, etc could drop my pistol in it. I did have someone on the freeway holler asshole at me yesterday. I kind of laughed cause traffic was moving pretty slow and I was just going along. All of a sudden guy in truck was along side me and he just hollered out asshole. I guess it was directed at me. I just ignored him. But with some of these crazy road rage folks you never know. We had one just the other day on Mason Road. Guy in truck pulled up alongside an older gentleman in his truck and just started firing rounds at the older guys truck and supposedly screaming stuff. Then he just sped off. Luckily the older guy was not injured. Never heard if the caught the shooter
Sponsored