security with doors or top off

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
i did a search and really didn't find anything, and i was actually going to search on the JL forum too as i think my old user account still works over there

How much do you worry about ,or maybe I should ask how much in the way of valuables do you keep or try and lock up on your vehicle when the tops or doors are off? I normally keep my insurance and registration in my glove box and possibly some extra shirts and stuff (I'm a runner). I'm sure it varies by where you live but I'm sure there's desperate people everywhere.

whats everyone doing about this and is it working, or do you just not trust anyone and your Jeep is always empty?

thanks guys
Sponsored

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I use all the built in locks of the center console, glove box, and rear seats. I also added some locks to the under rear seat. Another option I use is the bed. I have a tonneau cover and with the tailgate lock it gives another spot. I don't consider any of it really secure but more deterrents.

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
As said. If someone wanted your stuff, even with doors on they would get it.

I do keep console and glove box locked though. A small deterrent is still good. For paperwork and stuff I keep in it.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Trunk Monkey

problem solved. :like:

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I make sure to leave the console and glove compartment unlocked. I’d rather print off a new insurance card than have to replace broken clasps that were forced open.

actually, a good rain cover is the best deterrent. Things can be a real PITA the first few times you handle them. IIt becomes a war of attritionbetween the aspiring thief and thecover

Reactions: mog
OP
OP

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
I make sure to leave the console and glove compartment unlocked. I’d rather print off a new insurance card than have to replace broken clasps that were forced open.

actually, a good rain cover is the best deterrent. Things can be a real PITA the first few times you handle them. IIt becomes a war of attritionbetween the aspiring thief and thecover
A good rain cover like a sun top? I was thinking about taking my Freedom panels off and putting on one of those 1/2 sun tops and just leaving it like that until the fall. I'd probably even leave the doors on. I would think that would be a deterrent - a small one - but a deterrent.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
A good rain cover like a sun top? I was thinking about taking my Freedom panels off and putting on one of those 1/2 sun tops and just leaving it like that until the fall. I'd probably even leave the doors on. I would think that would be a deterrent - a small one - but a deterrent.
No like rain gear cover or something like that.

Sponsored

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
I've always ran soft doors on my jeeps. Leaving doors unlocked and nothing of real value in them. That way, would-be thieves don't slash up expensive soft doors or soft top. They can have my toll money or phone charger, but at least they don't destroy $1k in door or top cloth.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Having a manual, I'm more parinoid of some asshole releasing the parking brake and taking my jeep out of gear. I always try to park on level ground and turn my wheel to hit the curb if I have to park at an incline or decline but sometimes I forget. I would rather have something stolen then having to deal with a run away jeep and having it hit something..... insurance nightmare I'm going to presume?
Sponsored