First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I found out that the Alu-Cab requires the trail rail rack in order to use their clamps and I’m trying to find a replacement without having to buy the rails from Jeep.

If anyone who has the trail rails could measure the depth and width of the rails I would appreciate it. I have found several possible alternatives but want to match the OEM ones if at all possible.

Thanks!
Sponsored

NovaGladi8or

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F350
The rail height is around 1 7/8" and the depth is around 1 3/8". This may be off a bit (1/16") since the top and bottom are rounded a bit.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I found out that the Alu-Cab requires the trail rail rack in order to use their clamps and I’m trying to find a replacement without having to buy the rails from Jeep.

If anyone who has the trail rails could measure the depth and width of the rails I would appreciate it. I have found several possible alternatives but want to match the OEM ones if at all possible.

Thanks!
The bed side rails are around ~$130ea new (retail) and can be found online for less than 100ea. I just had to get mine replaced as a result of the local Line-X dealer breaking them. The entire kit can be purchased for less then $320.

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The bed side rails are around ~$130ea new (retail) and can be found online for less than 100ea. I just had to get mine replaced as a result of the local Line-X dealer breaking them. The entire kit can be purchased for less then $320.
If you could point me to a link where the side rails are ~$100 I’d appreciate it.
I couldn’t find anything other than retail..

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
That is more than likely the front bed rail.
Your right. Im not good at this stuff lol. Ill def leave it to you. lol. Thanks again your saving me a good amount. Just curious did the bed liner people cover you on the new rails?

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
If I had mine to do over I would simply mount strut channel from Home Depot for less than $100. I could have easily mounted the RLD camper onto those instead of the trail rails I have.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
If I had mine to do over I would simply mount strut channel from Home Depot for less than $100. I could have easily mounted the RLD camper onto those instead of the trail rails I have.
Do you think there are any advantages to having the trail rails? I am looking at mounting molle panels, and some type of cap or rack system. In your opinion would there be no difference with strut channel other than aesthetics?

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone has their thoughts; the a Mopar system has been designed, tested, and has a known load rating. I ordered the trail rail kit for mine as I will be adding molle panels to mount Rotopax, compressor system, and other items for camping or overlanding. Secondary function is having tie down points for larger items and bikes. I won’t trust Home Depot rails when it comes to securing thousands of dollars.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Everyone has their thoughts; the a Mopar system has been designed, tested, and has a known load rating. I ordered the trail rail kit for mine as I will be adding molle panels to mount Rotopax, compressor system, and other items for camping or overlanding. Secondary function is having tie down points for larger items and bikes. I won’t trust Home Depot rails when it comes to securing thousands of dollars.
I will be having the same uses as you so your point is very valid, and for $260 its a super good price. Have you decided on your molle panels yet as there are several out now.

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Do you think there are any advantages to having the trail rails? I am looking at mounting molle panels, and some type of cap or rack system. In your opinion would there be no difference with strut channel other than aesthetics?
The primary disadvantage of strut is that you would also have to create some sort of tie down point and moving it is not as quick as the OEM ones. Another disadvantage with the strut is it is heavier. Advantage of strut is it is a lot cheaper and you can more easily get nuts, bolts and other connectors from the Home Depot. Mounting a molle system would be trivial and I believe that the channel is essentially what the BRI system is made from. Note that I have not taken off my OEM trail rails to verify this idea but I believe it would work easily and I am sure others here have done this. I am using strut channel inside my RLD to mount shovels and lights from the ceiling. I plan to do more of these to mount other things just inside my side windows. With strut on the trail rails I could more easily tie these other ideas together. The channel used in the OEM is not the same dimension as the HD Strut. When I installed my BRI molle racks the nuts used were from Strut and do not fit right in the OEM rails. They do work though.
Sponsored