Sponsored

1999 Cherokee drive, part or sell as is.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
My son found a 1999 Cherokee 2wd for $500 not running. He wanted it for the 4.0 and the sheetmetal. I went with him to pick it up and sure enough it wasn't going to start for us. We loaded on the trailer and headed home.

Yesterday I put a charger on the battery and it came back to life..

Today I got a chance to look at it. It appears that others had tried to get it started and never put things back together properly. Besides the fan coming on as soon as the key is on, there were no signs of any thing wrong. Crank and no start! I went to show my neighbor what it was doing but then it started. I could repeat the no start and start by holding the key up. So, now that it is running, my son was thinking of a quick sell and picking up a new rebuild 4.0. I was thinking that it's not worth that much even running and to keep it for parts. The rear hatch is damaged and the glass is broken. I have no idea what it is worth but it can't be much more than he paid for it. Am I right?
Sponsored

rockymountainhigh

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Custom
Occupation
Graphic Artist
I'm with you, that sounds like an inexpensive parts car to me, for the block and sheet metal and all of the hundred of various small items/parts and screws and bolts, seats, door cards, visors, oem stereo, knobs, shifters, all of it really except the missing glass lol. Too bad it's not a 4wd and it'd be a good rebuild all on its own.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Depending on mileage I'd give $1,500 for it to use as a donor for my MJ. I'm out west though, not sure how that affects things compared to where you are.

OP
OP
Lost1wing

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Wore out! 375k miles, seats are gone . Out west huh, well not logistically feasible I would think. But I see your point as it possible value.