Sponsored

2020 JT has two left front lower shock brackets.

Pauls001

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland and we were on a trip to Salem Oregon a couple of weeks a go and when we were driving we heard a banging noise so we stopped and checked and the passenger side shock bracket was broke off and the shock was just hanging from the top bracket. So I went to the Salem Jeep dealer the next morning and explained the situation and they contacted Jeep in Detroit to find out how to proceed and finally almost 7 hours later they got authorization to weld the bracket back on so we could drive the 230 miles back home. When I got home I contacted the local Jeep dealer and he said it would take up to 2 months to get a replacement shock for the passenger side of my truck because they were on back order which is unacceptable so I called Jeep customer service in Detroit and complained so now they are trying to expedite a new shock and a new front axle housing and are in the process of trying to figure out how long this will take. So I guess I am one of the 13 lucky one's to get it repaired (the truck is only a year old and has 4600 miles and has never been off road) hopefully soon but at least they are taking care of the problem.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah seems unacceptable but that's how everything is. Be glad they are handling it. A ton of stuff is still on backorder. I just bought another Mustang GT and stuff I could get 2 days last year are on 6 weeks of backorder time. Hopefully they get you taken care of soon

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland and we were on a trip to Salem Oregon a couple of weeks a go and when we were driving we heard a banging noise so we stopped and checked and the passenger side shock bracket was broke off and the shock was just hanging from the top bracket. So I went to the Salem Jeep dealer the next morning and explained the situation and they contacted Jeep in Detroit to find out how to proceed and finally almost 7 hours later they got authorization to weld the bracket back on so we could drive the 230 miles back home. When I got home I contacted the local Jeep dealer and he said it would take up to 2 months to get a replacement shock for the passenger side of my truck because they were on back order which is unacceptable so I called Jeep customer service in Detroit and complained so now they are trying to expedite a new shock and a new front axle housing and are in the process of trying to figure out how long this will take. So I guess I am one of the 13 lucky one's to get it repaired (the truck is only a year old and has 4600 miles and has never been off road) hopefully soon but at least they are taking care of the problem.
That's just pisser luck. Crazy how that could happen, on paved roads no less. I wish you luck and speed on your repair.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
So if you have two lower shock brackets, why didn't they just reconnect the shock to the "extra" one that you have?

KevinC

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pauls001

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So if you have two lower shock brackets, why didn't they just reconnect the shock to the "extra" one that you have?

KevinC
It was two left bracket's one on the right side and one on the left side of the front of the truck and the one on the passenger side was not completely welded it only had an inch of weld and that is why it broke. I t didn't have two bracket's on the passenger side.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It was two left bracket's one on the right side and one on the left side of the front of the truck and the one on the passenger side was not completely welded it only had an inch of weld and that is why it broke. I t didn't have two bracket's on the passenger side.
It seems like there should be more explanation here, given the title.
So do you really have an bracket incorrectly welded on the wrong side? I’m confused…

OP
OP

Pauls001

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It seems like there should be more explanation here, given the title.
So do you really have an bracket incorrectly welded on the wrong side? I’m confused…

OP
OP

Pauls001

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It's not complicated there is only one bracket on the passenger front side of the truck and it's the drivers side bracket part and it was welded incorrectly which made it break. So there was two screwup's they installed the wrong bracket on the passenger side and then welded it incorrectly. Jeep wants the complete front axle back so the can figure out what happened at the factory. I think they want to find out who to blame Jeep or Dana for supplying a defective axle.
Sponsored