2021 Body color bumpers

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was leaving my local dealership the other day and noticed a few of the 21 Gladiators had body color matching bumpers (the color was white). These appear to be the Overland models. Has anyone else seen them? IMO I do not like the look at all; something looks off with a white body with white bumpers!
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I was leaving my local dealership the other day and noticed a few of the 21 Gladiators had body color matching bumpers (the color was white). These appear to be the Overland models. Has anyone else seen them? IMO I do not like the look at all; something looks off with a white body with white bumpers!
It's the High Altitude model.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
should have had 20s on them too.

Bruce

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They had black 20s, which looked nice. The interior trim looked great, I guess that’s an High Altitude only option?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
They had black 20s, which looked nice. The interior trim looked great, I guess that’s an High Altitude only option?
Yup. They have the nice quilted stitching and leather dash panels like the Overland.

I considered getting one for that interior alone, plus it has the wide track axles like the Max Tow and Rubicon. I'd ditch the wheels/tires and bumpers anyways.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got an Overland and it doesn’t have leather dash panels, definitely plastic!

I checked the dealers website and they want 1k more than a loaded Rubicon... what I couldn’t find was a leather option in tan on the H.A. trim level, black is to hot for Texas summers.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got an Overland and it doesn’t have leather dash panels, definitely plastic!

I checked the dealers website and they want 1k more than a loaded Rubicon... what I couldn’t find was a leather option in tan on the H.A. trim level, black is to hot for Texas summers.
Yes, if your Overland does not have leather seats, you won't have the leather dash panels.

The HA is only more expensive than a base Rubicon; start adding body-coloured hard top and fenders. leather, etc that comes standard on the HA to the Rubi and it will cost more than the HA.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The one I saw at our dealer had white mirror caps too. Way too much white for my tastes.

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one I saw at our dealer had white mirror caps too. Way too much white for my tastes.
I agree, coupled with the white bumpers, the gladiators looked to over the top. I haven’t seen one on the streets here!
Sponsored