2021 EcoDiesel Roof Leaking

JeepGuy82

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Got a new Rubicon EcoDiesel in October and love the truck... except for a really annoying roof leak. The dealer has replaced the freedom panels and had LeakPro come out twice to work on the weatherstripping. Nothing helped. Then, the dealer replaced the header panel, and still no help. It does not leak while parked or while being driven during rain. Only issues is once it has rained, the first time I drive it and come to a stop, water pours down inside the doors. And, not just a drop or two. It's enough that you would need to change your shirt if you were sitting just right. But, once the initial leak happens, it won't leak again until it sits parked in the rain. I have driven it nonstop for several hundred miles in a monsoon and didn't leak a drop.

Dealer has asked me to bring it back and has created a "star case." My understanding is next option is to replace the entire top. I hate the idea of that - anytime a dealer works on my cars, it seems like something gets scratched or damaged!

Anyone had a similar issue with your top leaking or have any suggestions?

Roof Leak 4.jpg

Roof Leak 3.jpg

Roof Leak 2.jpg

Roof Leak 1.jpg
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
No leakage here and we had a storm last week where even my roof sprang a leak.

I'd say check the fit of the headliners against the rubber gaskets and seals as well as see if there is something that's preventing a tight fit. Even if the fit is off a bit with a clip or latch not being in its cubby perfectly, it'll create enough of a gap for leaks.

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
I had the same leak, they adjusted the door and the leak has been corrected since then. Most likely a minor fix.

BlueMojave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
SO - I have a new Mojave. It is winter and took it through car wash after a 240 mile drive up from Wisconsin. I get a lot of slush/snow/ice on the door and rear panels which I have to address somehow. but the car wash should have been easy enough. The water that leaked through the freedom panel at both front "A"-Pillars (?) was very substantial it was pouring in as if it was coming out of a cup. I removed the panels and can see nothing with the seals that stood out.

The door adjustment just mentioned might be it. Is this only possible to do through dealer? Only ask as I purchased out of state (availability and price) before I go see them again.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
SO - I have a new Mojave. It is winter and took it through car wash after a 240 mile drive up from Wisconsin. I get a lot of slush/snow/ice on the door and rear panels which I have to address somehow. but the car wash should have been easy enough. The water that leaked through the freedom panel at both front "A"-Pillars (?) was very substantial it was pouring in as if it was coming out of a cup. I removed the panels and can see nothing with the seals that stood out.

The door adjustment just mentioned might be it. Is this only possible to do through dealer? Only ask as I purchased out of state (availability and price) before I go see them again.
Doesn't matter if you purchased out of state. Your warranty goes across state lines...

Sponsored

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
So mine leaked like this yesterday from the same place. We had a very small amount of snow the night before, which melted as the sun came out. Not sure if that's related or not.

I'm waiting on a new rear glass to come in at the dealer because my back glass is leaking. I can hear water sloshing around inside the Jeep, and I believe it's actually inside the hardtop. I'm wondering if the water that leaked at the front by the freedom panels is actually from water inside the hardtop, and not from outside. It happened twice, each time after I went around a corner and water sloshed around.

Have you checked to see if your rear glass is leaking? My bluetooth speaker is always sitting in water.

OP
OP
JeepGuy82

JeepGuy82

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Sorry you are having a water issue too. I have not seen any water leaking around the back glass. And I have looked several times. After 5 attempts to repair, I moved forward with a lemon law claim. FCA's final repair attempt is Tuesday. Very unfortunate. I love the truck other than this. Seems like they would just replace the entire hardtop/freedom panels and hopefully resolve the issue. Oh well...

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

So mine leaked like this yesterday from the same place. We had a very small amount of snow the night before, which melted as the sun came out. Not sure if that's related or not.

I'm waiting on a new rear glass to come in at the dealer because my back glass is leaking. I can hear water sloshing around inside the Jeep, and I believe it's actually inside the hardtop. I'm wondering if the water that leaked at the front by the freedom panels is actually from water inside the hardtop, and not from outside. It happened twice, each time after I went around a corner and water sloshed around.

Have you checked to see if your rear glass is leaking? My bluetooth speaker is always sitting in water.
Sorry to hear about these water leaks! If the concern is still present for you both, we would be happy to discuss further. Separately private message our team to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Have you checked the drains in the rubber seal at the sides of the channels in the front part of the rear section of the hard top? They release water near the top of the B-pillar.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 EcoDiesel Roof Leaking 1612210298199

Last edited:

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
Have you checked the drains in the rubber seal at the sides of the channels in the front part of the rear section of the hard top? They release water near the top of the B-pillar.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 EcoDiesel Roof Leaking 1612210298199

I'll give that a look.

@JeepCares - sent you a PM. Thanks.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care