William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason to wait for a 2021 to come out? Any minor changes or fixes that were noticed on the 2020 that they fixed on the 2021. When I looked at some of the local dealer websites, they show the 2021's in transit. Would assume when they arrive I might be able to get a better deal on a 2020.
Looks like the steering box is the improvement.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I hear it’s nice, but I love my alpine system. I don’t listen to satellite radio anymore. I’ve literally never listened to my free trial. The sound quality is awful. It’s so compressed. I stream everything or listen to music on my phone.
I jus have standard factory sound in mine currently its pretty bad. But that is what the truck came with. Thinking soon here to upgrade using that Alpine upgrade kit. Looks like something I could hook up myself

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Pro's
Great screen
Totally customizable
Easy install

Con's
Apple CarPlay didnt work kept saying it's being worked on or said my USB port on some JL's was an issue

Run's android - Thats just me
No Built in Sirius XM - I use it a lot
Runs a little Jerky sometimes
Backup camera connection made the quality worse

Not a lot but after getting it I wish I kept my 8.4 that I upgraded from the stock 7

jagonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator sport s
Any reason to wait for a 2021 to come out? Any minor changes or fixes that were noticed on the 2020 that they fixed on the 2021. When I looked at some of the local dealer websites, they show the 2021's in transit. Would assume when they arrive I might be able to get a better deal on a 2020.
Hey everyone, so I had a 2020 gladiator overland and the FCA recently gave me money for the HVAC issue that most people seem to have. So anyways I sold it and ordered a new sport s for the same reason most people listed about why you get a sport s over the overland. Everyone is correct about the colors.... which is unfortunate because I love the gator green... they are coming out with two new colors though. Which are “snozzberry and Sarge green”. anyways, There is one big difference that I don’t believe people have noticed or aren’t taking into consideration between the 2020 and the 2021. (Warning, may be a long post, sorry in advance) the fender flares on all 2021 will be color match. You will no longer be able to get blacked out fenders. This is what the dealership told me when I was ordering mine. I didn’t have a choice. I know some people like the blacked out fender flares but from what I have noticed the color match fender flares allow you to put bigger tires without rubbing. Anyone who has a sport s and has tried to put 33 or 35 tires on it knows what I’m talking about when I say this. If you look at your front bumper, you have a wind guard flare that connects your front bumper to your fender. Its designed to help with MPG..... if you look at a rubicon or overland that wind flare isn’t there, just google and zoom in and you will see. The only trim level that is an exception to this is the rubicon. They can have blacked out fenders and not have this, but that’s because the rubicon’s fenders are manufactured higher up on the body then the rest of the trims levels so they can fit bigger tires and have better articulation with the disconnect sway bar. If they were to put that wind guard on the rubicon it would look ridiculous because the gap is so big. anyways, most people either take that wind guard off or cut it. The issue with doing this is, cutting up a new truck never feels good... If you remove that flare you will expose all your fog light electrical connections On the back of the light (won’t mix well with mud and rain). The way to get around this is to get the color match fender flares. For some reason if you get the color match option they do not install the wind flare. If you get a 2020 gladiator they charge you for that as an upgrade. On 2021 it’s standard I guess just something to keep in mind. I wanted color match fender flares so I could put 35’s without rubbing or worrying about that wind flare. And yes even with a lift you will still rub that flare. if you go to jeep.com and build one and add color flares you will see that wind guard disappear. I know this was a long post and definitely could have consolidated, sorry and hope this helps.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
You can remove the wind guard and purchase the covers for the plastic bumper without the wind guard for the back of the fog lights for around $40

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
I jus have standard factory sound in mine currently its pretty bad. But that is what the truck came with. Thinking soon here to upgrade using that Alpine upgrade kit. Looks like something I could hook up myself
I hadn't heard that there is an Alpine upgrade kit available for Gladiators? Is it available through dealers or aftermarket? Any idea of the cost?

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
You can remove the wind guard and purchase the covers for the plastic bumper without the wind guard for the back of the fog lights for around $40
Could you provide a link? Was interested in taking the guard off.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
LED Lights and Keyless Proximity should have been standard on all units regardless as well as the auxiliary switches
Why?
What will some people do with the switches?
LED - some people may not want those due to the snow and icing issues like I've experienced in our winters. My wife asked me while she was ordering her Grand Cherokee if the LEDs were important or a good thing - frankly, the headlights in her 2018 GC show things just as well as my LEDs and yet her lights don't ice up like mine do.
I like LED - but am truly mixed about them compared to the other Jeep lighting. I can't see any better with my truck on our winding hilly wilderness roads than with her GC.

The proximity locks - he|| yes. I told the dealer we wanted them, you know how they keep moving and distracting, in the end he never got it ordered, we missed that fact after all the dealer BS so now I'm going to add them if I ever find a COHERENT list of parts needed instead of 50 pages of one part here, oops, that's been changed, now you can't get it, now you can and the number changed again and so on.

I'd like the switches - but so far can't figure out why........ just the cool factor, I guess.

LumixLab

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
When I purchased my truck my dealer mentioned that the Start/Stop button would no longer be on the dash after 2020. Anyone else heard this or can confirm?

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Could you provide a link? Was interested in taking the guard off.
Part # 6KL10RXFAA 6KL11RXFAA are the part numbers, seller on eBay sells the pair for $36

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
F
Why?
What will some people do with the switches?
LED - some people may not want those due to the snow and icing issues like I've experienced in our winters. My wife asked me while she was ordering her Grand Cherokee if the LEDs were important or a good thing - frankly, the headlights in her 2018 GC show things just as well as my LEDs and yet her lights don't ice up like mine do.
I like LED - but am truly mixed about them compared to the other Jeep lighting. I can't see any better with my truck on our winding hilly wilderness roads than with her GC.

The proximity locks - he|| yes. I told the dealer we wanted them, you know how they keep moving and distracting, in the end he never got it ordered, we missed that fact after all the dealer BS so now I'm going to add them if I ever find a COHERENT list of parts needed instead of 50 pages of one part here, oops, that's been changed, now you can't get it, now you can and the number changed again and so on.

I'd like the switches - but so far can't figure out why........ just the cool factor, I guess.
For what the thing cost they could throw in some stuff like that. I have plenty use for the switches just have to get to those projects. I was lucky I managed to get the dealership to throw those in but would have been nice to have the LED Lights and especially proximity locks. I know a lot of jeep folks think well its a jeep and it just cost more. I get that but for something that had a $43,000 sticker price some stuff should have just been included. I was just looking at a car for my daughter and no its not a jeep but dang that was a sweet car for her and for $17K it was loaded with every friking thing blind spot, ACC, NAV, etc.

jagonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Part # 6KL10RXFAA 6KL11RXFAA are the part numbers, seller on eBay sells the pair for $36
this is good to know. I have a few friends and family members who could use this.

jagonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I purchased my truck my dealer mentioned that the Start/Stop button would no longer be on the dash after 2020. Anyone else heard this or can confirm?
i just asked my dealer and he said he hasnt herd of anything like that?

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I looked at a JL forum and they supposedly don’t fit the sport models. Do you know differently?
Sponsored