2021 vs 2020

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Any reason to wait for a 2021 to come out? Any minor changes or fixes that were noticed on the 2020 that they fixed on the 2021. When I looked at some of the local dealer websites, they show the 2021's in transit. Would assume when they arrive I might be able to get a better deal on a 2020.
Sponsored

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
What all are you looking for? If you want a specific color like gobi or gator then you should get a 2020 because those colors will not be produced for 2021.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I think the biggest reasons would be to get the Diesel if you're looking for that, and the 2021s are supposed to have the steel steering box so you don't have to worry about the TSB. If you're not sure what I'm talking about there just search TSB, I think it's like the second longest thread on the forum

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
I believe the main things to go 2021 for would be:
- Selec-trac or Rock-trac 4WD system
- One of the new colors
- Diesel
- You want either of the 80th Anniversary or Willys editions

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Outside of the colors, sorry that's a good point too. I guess they aren't bringing back punkin either...

Sponsored

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
- One of the new colors
- Diesel
Agreed. If you want diesel and/or not have to haggle with a dealer over the steering TSB, then a 2021 is a better option.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
- One of the new colors
- Diesel
This, plus the new steering gear, and more options available on the Sport. I got an Overland on a killer deal, but I would have strongly considered a Sport S with Max tow if the 2021 options. Were available. I think the only options I have and love that’s not available on the 21 Sport S is my LED group, keyless access, and remote start.

Actually, scratch that. I love all of those options. I just want the 4.10 gears after my bigger, heavier tires.

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Just my opinion, but I ordered a '21 based on 2 reasons:
1) Didn't want to hassle with the TSB steering gear mess with the '20's.
2) It seemed most dealer inventory had VIN"s for '20's that ranged from 203xxx to 207xxx that matched my option list, but I suspect these were built around the COVID shutdown. From experience absenteeism after start-up was rampant so quality probably suffered a little as they ramped production back up. I feel like by the time '21 started production, they've worked out the kinks and are cranking along. Again just an opinion.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
This, plus the new steering gear, and more options available on the Sport. I got an Overland on a killer deal, but I would have strongly considered a Sport S with Max tow if the 2021 options. Were available. I think the only options I have and love that’s not available on the 21 Sport S is my LED group, keyless access, and remote start.

Actually, scratch that. I love all of those options. I just want the 4.10 gears after my bigger, heavier tires.
LED Lights and Keyless Proximity should have been standard on all units regardless as well as the auxiliary switches

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
LED Lights and Keyless Proximity should have been standard on all units regardless as well as the auxiliary switches
And the 8.4”/Alpine system. Remote start too. How much could it possibly cost to add that?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the 8.4”/Alpine system. Remote start too. How much could it possibly cost to add that?
Yep sure thought they would have added some more fun colors for 2021.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been eyeing up that Insane Audio unit as an upgrade just wish it had built in Sat tuner.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I've been eyeing up that Insane Audio unit as an upgrade just wish it had built in Sat tuner.
I hear it’s nice, but I love my alpine system. I don’t listen to satellite radio anymore. I’ve literally never listened to my free trial. The sound quality is awful. It’s so compressed. I stream everything or listen to music on my phone.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had one in my JL nice unit for sure but I wouldn’t do it again
Sponsored