Fropek

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2022 Gobi JTR
Hey all,

After 2 months worth of waiting, I'm finally taking delivery on my '22 Rubicon tomorrow. I'm planning on making this a bad ass rig, so wanted to share my progress with you guys.

But before we get into all that, I wanted to say thanks to this community. Even though my account was just approved last week, I've been lurking on this forum for months. You guys have helped guide me in what trim package to get (it was a tough choice between Mojave or Rubicon), where to go to make the purchase (shout-out to Travis at Tri-City), what lift to buy (Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5), as well as countless other pieces of advice and guidance.

Well without further adieux, here's the build sheet so far.

-2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in Gobi
-MetalCloak GameChanger 3.5 Lift Kit
-Bilstein Resovoir Shocks
-37x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
-Fuel D824 Traction Wheel 20" x 10", -18
-Fab Fours stubby front bumper
-Body Armor Full width rear bumper
-APG Tube Rock Sliders
-Reaper Off Road Front & Rear Inner Fenders

I look forward to sharing my build with you and hearing more of your advice and suggestions.
Sponsored

GtownJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT HA
Add Armorlite to the list. Hard to install, but, so much better than the carpet.

OP
OP

Fropek

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2022 Gobi JTR
Today was Jeep day! Took delivery on my JTR.

Here are a few pictures of my brand new Gladiator!

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build Attach0_20220808_221813~2

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build Attach0_20220808_221820~2

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220808_202009219

Here it is next to another JTR brother that I work with. He's got a 3.5in Ready Lift Kit, sitting on 38x15x20 Toyo Open Country's.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220808_175540251

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220808_175531310

What a difference between a stock Rubi and one with a lift and some tires.

And here's it next to my JKU that I'm selling to make way for my new truck.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220809_031415661.NIGHT

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220809_031431050.NIGHT

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little sad to see my Wrangler go. Originally a very basic stock JKU, I personally picked out each and every piece and part of my build. It was my dream jeep and built to my exact specifications. Jeeps are some of the most unique and personalizable vehicles, and this one was mine. I'm sure there'll be another in my future. You're my boy blue!

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build Attach18187_20200916_170213

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build 20210119_165633

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build DSC_0962

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build Attach0_20220809_002244

Anyways, on to my new project. Here's the breakdown of what I ordered from the factory:

Year: 2022
Make: Jeep
Model: Gladiator
Trim: Rubicon
Color: Gobi
Engine: 3.6l V6
Transmission: 6 speed manual

Factory options:
Body color 3 Piece Top
Dark Saddle Leather Bucket Seats
8.4in Infotainment System
Wireless Speaker
Adaptive Cruise Control
Auxiliary Switch Group
Trail Management System
Trailer Tow Package

I've got all kinds of plans for this build, some of which I've listed in my previous post.

The one thing I will say though is... Damn this key fob is huge. Like comically large. I'm the type of person that hates bulky things in my pocket, so my first post delivery purchase is the Threedom Model M key fob. I even paid for expedited shipping and white glove service. Can't wait to get this bulky thing out of my pocket.

I'm hoping to hear from my 4x4 shop tomorrow that the lift kit has arrived. As soon as it's there I'll be heading that way to begin my Gladiator journey!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fropek

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2022 Gobi JTR
Quick update, parts are still showing up, MetalCloak lift arrives today, wheels and tires next week. I also ordered the Oracle Bi-LED RGB Headlights which are arriving today as well. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have pictures of the completed first stage of the build.

ExoShield

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ExoShield
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Windshield Protection Film
Hey all,

After 2 months worth of waiting, I'm finally taking delivery on my '22 Rubicon tomorrow. I'm planning on making this a bad ass rig, so wanted to share my progress with you guys.

But before we get into all that, I wanted to say thanks to this community. Even though my account was just approved last week, I've been lurking on this forum for months. You guys have helped guide me in what trim package to get (it was a tough choice between Mojave or Rubicon), where to go to make the purchase (shout-out to Travis at Tri-City), what lift to buy (Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5), as well as countless other pieces of advice and guidance.

Well without further adieux, here's the build sheet so far.

-2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in Gobi
-MetalCloak GameChanger 3.5 Lift Kit
-Bilstein Resovoir Shocks
-37x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
-Fuel D824 Traction Wheel 20" x 10", -18
-Fab Fours stubby front bumper
-Body Armor Full width rear bumper
-APG Tube Rock Sliders
-Reaper Off Road Front & Rear Inner Fenders

I look forward to sharing my build with you and hearing more of your advice and suggestions.
Nice vision for your build! It's cool to see forums translating to build guidance.

Sponsored

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
Red or gray dash? Nice Jeep!

OP
OP

Fropek

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2022 Gobi JTR
They've arrived!!! Took a bit longer than anticipated due to some shipping snafoo's, but the new Wheels and Tires for my JTR have arrived. I apologize the photo is a little dark, but it's night and I couldn't wait!

37x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on Fuel 20x10, -18 D824 Traction Wheels

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build Gladiator Wheels & Tires

Here's a screenshot to get a better look at the wheels

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build Gladiator Wheels.PNG

I really like how they have that subtle dark bronze/copper accent. I think it'll go really well with the Gobi.

I'm off to the shop first thing in the morning for installation. I'll be taking it to Champion 4x4 in Oakland Park, FL. They did some work for me on my JKU, as well as my buddy's JTR (the Ready Lift on the Gladiator that I showed you guys on a previous post). These guys are super knowledgable, very fair in pricing, and just good dudes to shoot the shit with. Shoutout to Jason for being my point man on everything. They're also going to be installing the MetalCloak 3.5 Gamechanger Lift, Fab Fours stubby bumper, Oracle Color Changing Bi-LED's, and a Badlands Apex 12,000 winch. I know, I know, a Harbor Freight winch. Do yourself a favor and check out some reviews for this thing, it's basically the best winch out there (and it's half the price). Here's the review that sold me on it:

I can't wait to share the updated pics, and I also can't wait to get some of these giant boxes out of my garage. It's a shitshow in there with everything I have waiting to be installed.

I also wanted to share a few thoughts about the Gladiator in general now that I've had it for 2 weeks. About 300 miles so far, a mix between city and highway. Here are my thoughts:

Driving:

I love the way the truck drives overall. It's way better than my JKU, that's for sure. Super smooth ride overall. However, it's a little slower than I anticipated, especially at lower RPMs. My JKU definitely has a little more get up and go. But... I do have a CAI and Cat back exhaust on the Wrangler, so that might be the cause of the difference. It could also be that I'm still getting used to the 6-speed and trying to figure out the optimal shift points for my daily driving.

It's been a while since I've driven a truck so swinging that longer wheel base into parking spots has been a bit challenging. Gonna be worse with the lift and tires, but I'll get the hang of it quickly I'm sure.

Interior:

The cab is super comfortable, the display on the dash and infotainment is bright and intuitive. I was able to customize every part of the display in my center cluster, the options are really endless. I also like that there are multiple colors to choose from, I went with orange. But damn, I wish I could figure out how to get my infotainment system to stop pausing my music to tell me I have a new text message. I don't care. Maybe I just gotta put the system on do not disturb or something. If anyone has any advice please share.

The storage in the center console (counsel?) is adequate, the under rear seat storage is also good. I can fit all of my recovery equipment and a tool set in there. Jeep could have definitely done a little better though. I wish they had made the storage drawers and not just compartments under the seats. I have 2 young kids, and have 2 car seats installed basically at all times. I have to remove a car seat to access that storage which is a pain in the ass.

I like the little clip on the visors to hold on to papers and stuff like that. The molle straps on the back of the front seats is a nice touch. Overall very happy with the interior.

Exterior:

Man, do I love this color. I get a ton of compliments and have a few ideas for accents to really make my Gladiator stand out. I'll be switching out the Rubi red on the badges and decals to Orange, which I think will be a better match to the Gobi. I'm stealing an idea from a JT I saw on reddit to make one of the grill slats orange (sorry if you're on this forum, but plagarism is the best form of flattery). Planning on putting a few larger decals in the vents and around the tailgate. Powdercoat my shackles and a few other accessories in orange. Stuff like that.

Maybe I'm just used to having a lifted Jeep, but I do feel like for a Rubi it still feels pretty small at stock. You do get a nice look at the Fox Shocks though. But whatever, lift is going on tomorrow.

Random thoughts:

The keyfob I mentioned in an earlier post, it's fucking gigangtic. I can't wait to get my threedom fob back in the mail. That should be in the next day or two.

I did test the 4WH in extremely rainy conditions (like flooded roads and shit) and it drove great. Pulling into parking spots got a little jerky though.

I bought some bushwacker fender flares, but they showed up and they're plastic! I didn't pay enough attention to the material when I purchased, but damn, $600 for some plastic flares seems high. They're going back.

I've rambled on enough, so that's it for now. Hope to be back in a couple of days with the first build pictures! I can't wait!!!

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
The first few months of JT ownership are so much fun. Many parts being delivered by FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. An exciting time! Post pics of the project along the way.

Congrats! Nice looking even as is! :like:

OP
OP

Fropek

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2022 Gobi JTR
Champion had me in and out in 1 day. I love the look of the gold color on the components, great compliment to the Gobi paint. These parts are big and solid. Can definitely tell this is high quality. The ride is arguably better than stock, super stoked the way it came out.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220827_114629512

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220827_114752451

Also had the Oracle headlights installed. Also an excellent choice. Super bright, nice cut line, and overall badass look in general.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220827_114648442

Here's a couple of underneath the vehicle.

Front driver:
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220827_114710563

Rear driver:

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220827_114723436

Front track:

Jeep Gladiator 2022 Gobi Rubicon Build PXL_20220827_114657988

I'm off on a little vaca, so gonna be a week or two before I'm back adding more to the JTR. See y'all soon

OP
OP

Fropek

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2022 Gobi JTR
Well... First bad experience with the JTR. Was hosting an event for my work peeps at the beach yesterday. Got everything loaded up in the bed, tons of stuff (2 sets of Cornhole boards, 2 plastic folding tables, 2 full coolers, 3 pop up tents, a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff), and when I got to the beach my tailgate wouldn't open. Not good. It's as if the handle is no longer connected to the release rod. I thought maybe it was a lock issue, so I used the key that came with my threedom fob and it immediately snapped out of the housing. Nothing a little gorilla glue won't fix, but still.

Looking into it a bit I've seen some posts indicating that after getting a spray on bed liner sometimes there's a screw that comes out and goes missing that causes this issue.

Of course my local dealership is booked 3 weeks out, so guess I'm not gonna be able to use my tailgate for a little while. Sucks to have a brand new 60k vehicle and already having an issue. :crying:
Sponsored