2022 HA FULLY LOADED FAIR DEAL?

Phs0316

First Name
Heong soon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator MOJAVE/ JL Wrangler RUBICON
I know how crazy the market is now.. and it is insanly hard to pay what we used to pay

one of local dealer is offering HA that on the lot with fully loaded... 4k under MSRP.. I know it is HA and there is mroe room to wiggle.

Is 4k under MSRP on the loat on HA is a decent deal? or I can fly and get Mojave but way less option.. which is why I really hesitate... for 5.5k under MSRP..

let me kno what you think
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I know how crazy the market is now.. and it is insanly hard to pay what we used to pay

one of local dealer is offering HA that on the lot with fully loaded... 4k under MSRP.. I know it is HA and there is mroe room to wiggle.

Is 4k under MSRP on the loat on HA is a decent deal? or I can fly and get Mojave but way less option.. which is why I really hesitate... for 5.5k under MSRP..

let me kno what you think
If it's equipped like my Overland, it would be the same MSRP as an overland, within $200.
(I just went through all of this and did side-by-side comparisons)
Anyway, if it's loaded like my newly ordered Overland, 4K under MSRP is at or very close to "invoice" or FWP (Factory Wholesale Price)
See if they'll do the TreadLightly affiliate discount - that gets you 1% under FWP or invoice and would knock a few hundred more off that.
If you lived in Iowa, I'd say that 4K under MSRP is a great deal because dealers within an hour of me, or even farther, won't sell under MSRP.

IMO - get what YOU WANT regardless of price. I was so extremely happy with my Overland, and a High Altitude is a nicer Overland with the wider axle, my wife and I decided when I looked into trading, I was getting another Overland (or a HA)
You might get cheaper - but figure in "convenience factors".
For me, that was travel, timing, and the dealer I ended up going through who long ago I swore I'd not buy from again, is extremely flexible on my trade. It just made sense to spend a bit more, get exactly what I wanted, and not have any inconvenience at all. It's a tiny bit more money, but much more relaxed!

You asked for opinions - LOL - there's mine.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like you're succumbing to FOMO. Step back, take a breath, and decide what you really want.

Also, when making decisions like this, stop focusing on the payment. Pretend you HAVE to pay cash for whatever the difference is between what you want and what they're trying to sell you.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you're succumbing to FOMO. Step back, take a breath, and decide what you really want.

Also, when making decisions like this, stop focusing on the payment. Pretend you HAVE to pay cash for whatever the difference is between what you want and what they're trying to sell you.
It's how I have tried to do it - I even told them "I am concerned with one number and one number only". I told them don't worry about monthly or any of that, give me the number - the difference between my trade and new. Nothing else matters. I could "afford" anything if I tried and worried only about monthly payments.

Although it's a Jeep and if I look at the "practical" side - I'd not own a Jeep LOL. But it fits my needs, and gives me most of what I want, and that makes it practical. (I guess, at least for me)

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I'll never buy a vehicle off the lot ever again. The way I look at it is that vehicles now cost way too much to not get what you want. We're lucky enough to have dealers willing to do under invoice as along as you order and are willing to travel - take advantage of it unless you need a vehicle right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Phs0316

First Name
Heong soon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator MOJAVE/ JL Wrangler RUBICON
Thank you so much for advice, I am going through my own finance since it is going to be under my business and I have pretty high teer with business banking.. so that's kind of done deal for financial side.. this is my 3rd vehicle, and first I thought about trading in my Tesla but... the number is just way off... so I am just purchasing the truck with no trade in... now with this market.. dealer is just not so nice as it used to be

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I thought about trading in my Tesla but... the number is just way off...
EVs are tough to trade. Not saying they are bad, but their value is going to vary wildly from dealer to dealer because of risk and clientele. Volvo dealerships would probably value a tesla higher than a Buick gmc dealership for example.

Not to mention the average car on the road is 12 years old, and tesla require new 25k battery packs at about the 11 year mark making them effectively self totaled without an insurance payout. EVs will be the future, but people pretending the future is now and ICE is dead are a little opptimistic.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Thank you so much for advice, I am going through my own finance since it is going to be under my business and I have pretty high teer with business banking.. so that's kind of done deal for financial side.. this is my 3rd vehicle, and first I thought about trading in my Tesla but... the number is just way off... so I am just purchasing the truck with no trade in... now with this market.. dealer is just not so nice as it used to be
Sell the tesla separately. Even with tax savings I'm sure you will get more on a private sale or selling to a internet dealership(Carvana, Vroom, etc)
Sponsored