OP
OP
Yock

Yock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mojave
Define your definition of *serious offroading*?? Front lockers aren’t for the faint of heart. You can get yourself into a world of trouble when you have both front & rear lockers engaged. You can do just about any type of offroading with a good set of tires, the right *line* and/or a rear locker. Besides….it’ll cost an arm & a leg to install a front locker.

You don’t need no stinking desert to own a Mojave. It’s perfect driving over Pennsylvania pot-holes - sucks them up nicely. Soooo much better than my previously owned GMC Canyon.

The Mojave is - what I consider - a BETTER equipped truck for basic to moderate offroading. No need to lift it…no need to put bigger tires on….Just go and have fun! Has all the bells & whistles (that I would want/expect). Love it!
I have no idea what that means honestly. In my head it’s doing squirrely stuff I see on the internet where people have insanely modified jeeps anyway and no stock Jeep could handle. I doubt I’d ever need the front, but if I do it’s something that -could- be added.

and yeah exactly. It’s just marketing for “purpose” messing with my preconceived idea of my individual purpose.
Sponsored

DirtyHarry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys
Occupation
USAF
So the 2024 willys gladiators don't come with the wide track axles and 4.10s, or the highline fender flares? I thought all that was a given after they included it on the wranglers.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So the 2024 willys gladiators don't come with the wide track axles and 4.10s, or the highline fender flares? I thought all that was a given after they included it on the wranglers.
Not everything on a Wrangler carries over right away. We're still waiting on a floating axle.

OP
OP
Yock

Yock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mojave
no. 100% had gone Willy’s then.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
It's more about me "overbuying" instead of saving money on stuff I would never benefit from. I think in my head the Mojave is 'purpose built' and since I don't have desert around here, it seems I'll never accomplish it's "purpose" From what I've seen it appears it does pretty fine offroading, and I can add on a front locker and sway bar disconnect one day if I get serious about offroading.
You have to stop thinking the Mojave can only only drive in the desert , I started out getting an overland in 2020 until I realized I wanted the lower gearing for towing, at that time there was not a Mojave yet, so then I was going Rubicon, didn’t need the front locker and lower geared transfer case but damn I was getting the ultimate Gladiator for off-roading, then the salesman called and said get in here we have a sold Mojave you need to look at, test drove an Overland , Rubicon and Mojave same day same 15 mile loop, ordered Mojave , ride was what I wanted railroad tracks and speed bumps go away, handling through curves at speed was best, and I have never regretted the choice after four years. I then waited for the 2021 model year to get select track AWD transfer case. Going Mojave with the upgraded factory wheels looks much better then plain black, run the tires for a while and upgrade them, I am looking at 34” tall skinny tires at most when I need tires , at 38,000 miles and the Falkens are wearing good yet and truck does not need to be lifted to look good. All the Gladiators trims will do fine off-road unless you want to get hardcore, even then ……
...........”Never underestimate an old man in a Jeep”............
Stock Jeeps with good drivers can surprise you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
I’ve had 7 jeeps. Everything from CJ to JT. I would go Rubicon, or Mojave. The Willys will just keep chewing on your wallet. As you say yourself. The actual difference is about 6K once you add your mods. I have the Katzkin Leather, the top surface is nice, the sides of the front seats are vinyl. And they have replaced my seat cover 3 time. They crack too often. The Box liner is a must have. The wide axel rides better. You’ll have 4;10’s so when you do step up to 35’s and you will. You won’t need a re gear. The Mojave and The Rubicon both tend to be specd on dealer lots with LED package. Just looks better. I think you’re better to spend some money up front and avoid a lot of stuff you’ll end up doing anyway

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Pulled the trigger on the Hydro Blue Mojave! Taking delivery tomorrow.
That is what I have. I really like the color. I wish I could have gotten pumpkin, but the hydro blue looks very nice.

Sponsored

Alan SOBX

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I love my Mojave. I had a company car for 32 years (fun to drive? No. Cheap? Yes. Best deal ever? Absolutely!) so was new to Jeep. Therefore, I wasn’t likely to buy a Sport S then do a bunch of upgrades since I didn’t know anything about anything. I knew I wanted a lift, bigger tires, and that I would be driving mostly on sand since I live on an island. Mojave had most of what I wanted stock and, buying new, I knew my wife would be less likely to bust my balls with the upfront spend vs the add-ons. Plus, I paid cash so no financing.

So far, it has been great. I jumped it once by accident hitting an unexpected berm and was happy to not worry that I jacked up my Jeep. It eats bumps at speed which is great. I have driven it 50 mph on sand (illegally but the beach was empty on an uninhabited island) and it seemed to do better at fast speeds. The speed limit on my home beach is 20 mph which seems to be between gears so I move it to "manual mode" and manipulate the gears to fit the needs. Seats are comfortable. My Tazer allows me to lock the rear lockers whenever I want without the override. Do I really NEED it in the sand? Dunno. I paid for it so I use it. Really deep sand this year and has been no problems to get through.

I would have loved to have the 4H Auto option for safety but no real need for it here since I mostly drive local. LSD would do that for you with the Willys.

Long story short: you gotta do you. The Mojave will have a lot of upgrades already done and some "great" features you may never need. Mojave was great for me for sand. If you want to tinker more, the Sport S may be your bag. If you want to rock crawl, Rubicon. I don’t know where Willys fits since I have never considered it but the new one with 35" tires seems great with some new options.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
In the past decade I have owned 4 Jeeps and the Mojave is the best.

Janster

First Name
Jandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Mojave X
Occupation
Biller
Sweet!! You won't be disappointed!! I absolutely love mine, & especially the color.

There's only one other color I'd love to have someday - Metallic Copper. ?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I did some digging a while back, how many Mojave X in blue were there on dealer lots.
Only about 90. That means less than 1 per state average.

If I get past our current bills - and decide it's worth doing, that's the direction I'd go.