Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, Granite
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineering Leader
Was trail 26 pretty easy? How do you get the badge?
It was rated "medium" or blue... not easy but certainly not hard. Hitch guard critical for the JT. Definitely needed a spotter on several sections, scraped the armor underneath (and that sounds worse than it is) but overall it was fine. The trick with #26 was I went the wrong way. I started "inside" the park heading to the "edge" . I got to the end and was met with a closed gate I didn't expect. Its was early evening and I would not have made it back to where I entered the park until after dark. Luckily there was a pack of razers rolling through that showed us the "path" out which was a drop into the river, down the river the up the river bank. Awesome!!!! 10/10 would do it again.

To answer your other question, the app referenced by @USMC-SSGT to get the app. Once your near the trailhead check in and start the journey. After your done you can request a badge from Jeep. Took about a month to get; faster than I expected.
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
It was rated "medium" or blue... not easy but certainly not hard. Hitch guard critical for the JT. Definitely needed a spotter on several sections, scraped the armor underneath (and that sounds worse than it is) but overall it was fine. The trick with #26 was I went the wrong way. I started "inside" the park heading to the "edge" . I got to the end and was met with a closed gate I didn't expect. Its was early evening and I would not have made it back to where I entered the park until after dark. Luckily there was a pack of razers rolling through that showed us the "path" out which was a drop into the river, down the river the up the river bank. Awesome!!!! 10/10 would do it again.

To answer your other question, the app referenced by @USMC-SSGT to get the app. Once your near the trailhead check in and start the journey. After your done you can request a badge from Jeep. Took about a month to get; faster than I expected.
Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
Eroc

Eroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, Granite
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineering Leader
Continuing to catch up... a few months after lift I received my cap & bedslide.

My wife was pushing for the topper and to be honest I really like it. So much room for cargo and it's protected from weather. My wife overpacks... yes the family is comfortably prepared to be away twice as planned... but its a lot of stuff. We always struggled packing past vehicles. She can't fill this thing up and now everyone in the cab has room (no bags stuck around their feet).

Now that I think of it... I've been overlanding for years.

Jeep Gladiator '21 Granite Mojave - First Jeep IMG_6663.JPEG

There's a measurable squat after 170lbs (topper) & 80lbs (bedslide). I expected some but it was more than I expected. The weight is starting to stack up now.

Jeep Gladiator '21 Granite Mojave - First Jeep IMG_6664.JPEG

Can't really see the squat here, I'm on a slight downhill slope.

Jeep Gladiator '21 Granite Mojave - First Jeep IMG_6665.JPEG

I got the full open windows incase I pulled the bedslide out. The cap really limits your ability to throw/grab stuff out of the back. So far loving the bedslide.

Jeep Gladiator '21 Granite Mojave - First Jeep IMG_6667.JPEG

OP
OP
Eroc

Eroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, Granite
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineering Leader
Surprised that the topper is that heavy.
Yeah, after the topper + bedslide then RSE slide steps... squat was just too much. Last week I pulled the rear stock coil springs and AEV spacer and replaced with a springs from Clayton for a 2.5" lift which has fixed the squat and ride. Best upgrade to date. I'll post a profile picture soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eroc

Eroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, Granite
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineering Leader
Added bedslide and more weight to the rear... 😞 but it's so useful!!!! Adds and extra 80lbs.

Jeep Gladiator '21 Granite Mojave - First Jeep IMG_7161.JPEG

OP
OP
Eroc

Eroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, Granite
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineering Leader
Added Rock Slide Engineering step/slides a couple weeks back; my wife and kids were struggling to get in/out after 2" AEV lift. The weight on this was 225lbs... I haven't wheeled with them yet; hoping to go out to Uwharrie in a week or so.

Install was smooth. I bought an inductive heater for the body bolts. I was terrified on this part of the install and it took me many weeks to build confidence; broken body bolt stories scared me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PCMRRFZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, I heated each bolt for 30sec x 3 times and measure temp with temp gun. Once I reach >550d I used a regular 1/2" drive ratchet ... no breaker bar. Some snaps and pops. When I heard these I would reverse and drive bolt back in for a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn then reverse and continue backing the bolt out. induction heater was key here. Other than that, install was smooth.

Jeep Gladiator '21 Granite Mojave - First Jeep IMG_7163.JPEG

OP
OP
Eroc

Eroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mojave, Granite
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineering Leader
To help with squat (which was noticeable after cap, bedslide, RSE step/slide) I pulled our the AEV 2" spacer in the rear and replace with Clayton Offroad 2.5 Triple Rate coils.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-25-triple-rate-rear-coil-springs-2020-jt

This put the truck at the perfect height. There's a slight rake that I can measure (< 1/2") not noticeable but when loaded the truck is level and when I'm driving fully loaded I don't feel like the front is pointing high.

Jeep Gladiator '21 Granite Mojave - First Jeep IMG_7148 - Copy.JPEG

Will post profile when I can get a good shot.
Sponsored