Sponsored

3-piece Rubicon Steel Bumper - Discontinued???

OP
OP
mmatthie

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
If it is discontinued, it is probably due to per unit cost. All metals are going up in price, setting records almost weekly.

Look for a large price increase on new vehicles soon. Not to mention most of our favorite mods.
Interesting nonetheless. I found a dealer selling on FB marketplace that they have 4 new 3-piece Rubi bumpers (incl. bumper cover, led fogs, and closeout panel). It's just an hour drive for me and I'm highly considering it. I reached out last night and asked about price (they have it listed at $950.00)...but I showed a few sites that I could get it for $895...so hopefully they'll work with me. Man, if I can score one for closer to $750ish...I'll grab one. Then it's just needing a matching rear for around $500ish (and a skid plate).

I'll post back if I pull the trigger.

OP
OP
mmatthie

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/service...VjeSzCh3JPwmiEAAYASAAEgIctfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Put in your zip. And the 15% off mopar accessories coupon will be there with your dealers name (you pick the dealer).
I usually buy through https://www.milwaukeemoparparts.com (their prices are always cheapest)...for the hell of it, I tried to add a Mopar 15% coupon on top of an order there...and it says invalid. So I'm wondering if that coupon doesn't apply to online orders?

It's so weird since it's like the online orders are run differently than if I went to that same dealership and ordered a part...yet you still pickup the online orders from the same dealer's parts dept. Not sure how all that works.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It's so weird since it's like the online orders are run differently than if I went to that same dealership and ordered a part...yet you still pickup the online orders from the same dealer's parts dept. Not sure how all that works.
If they're like a local dealer here, it is two separate entities. Their online "manager" is one of the counter sales guys.
I can get it cheaper through their online store than at the counter, and if I tag the order as "Will Call" he calls when it comes in and I save shipping cost and he saves time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mmatthie

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
If they're like a local dealer here, it is two separate entities. Their online "manager" is one of the counter sales guys.
I can get it cheaper through their online store than at the counter, and if I tag the order as "Will Call" he calls when it comes in and I save shipping cost and he saves time.
Yup that's what I do...it's just this time I can't get either bumper from my normal channels

JeffJackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, PT Cruiser
I think there is a steel shortage looming. I asked about getting the Mopar tube doors and was told they are backordered 4-6 weeks.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Hey! Back off! My vintage ‘21 was offered up earlier in this thread.
Do I hear $3,500?

j/k in telling you to back off, but TOTALLY willing to sell mine for $3,500.:LOL:
I’ll sell almost anything off my truck for that amount :rock:

Sponsored

amosier

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Good News...the steel Rubi bumper is back in stock. Just ordered one for $835.80 (with free store pickup)
do you have the link of where you were able to purchase at that price? Coupon code? I have a family member at the local Jeep dealer that can get me 10% over cost. it came out to $875 + tax. If I can save a few bucks and have it shipped there for free, I'm all about it!

OP
OP
mmatthie

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Perhaps they are having issues with getting them delivered to the US depending on where they are coming from. Everything is so backed up in the pipelines. If your stuff is not deemed essential it could sit at the docks for 3-4 months alone.