35k Miles Photos

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
:like:@PyrPatriot I'm August 2019, 32k miles, 9 badges, and live in Michigan. I wash mine way less than you and im certain you have no worries on yours. I wouldn't touch that diff cover, unless it leaks or you want a new one. Carry on and continue to enjoy:like:

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Btw to see how this compares to before, I try to post pics every 10k miles, starting at 1k. Have a couple threads for 1k and 20k

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I guess my concern wouldn’t be right now, but mine looks pretty similar and I don’t plan on wheeling any less going forward. Are some easy precautions I should take now so my frame isn’t compromised at 150k miles?
Sounds like a light brushing, rust oleum and a coat of fluid film are a pretty safe bet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element

Rust inhibitors.
I was thinking more of an actual underbody paint spray for the spots. Coatings like fluid film on the existing coating make some sense, but they won't be as thick as the actual paint. There are plenty of threads on the JL forum on coatings anyway. I'm talking more of a touch-up job. I wonder if you could line-x the undersides of the axle housing and frame when you buy the Jeep new?

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
I have wondered this as well. Following...
There is no need to recoat unless you're OCD on such things. I've never done it and have never had a rust related failure on any vehicle. And I live in MN with tons of salt on the winter roads
Sponsored