37’s on Max Tow with front level

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Hoping someone can give me a definite answer based on experience. I added Rubicon front springs and a 3/4 space to front to raise it about 1.5 inches to get it level. Left max tow springs on back so no change there. I just picked up a slightly used set of Patagonia 37x12.5x17’s for a very good price. Wondering if these will work on an extra set of stock Gladiator wheels for just an occasional change of pace and moderate off roading. Will the 1.5 inches upfront give me enough room along with wider max tow axles? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
WTF... Seriously... WHy cant I find a slightly used set of 37x12.50r17 anythings...

But to answer your question.. If your offroading I think you'll rub. If you dont wanna lift, but wanna run those tire's changing fenders should give you the clearance you need.

The pic below was my Max Tow with the 1.5" up front & 35's with the Bushwacker Fenders installed. There is no doubt there was room for bigger tires in there.

Jeep Gladiator 37’s on Max Tow with front level IMG_0638

OP
OP
Punknhead

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTF... Seriously... WHy cant I find a slightly used set of 37x12.50r17 anythings...

But to answer your question.. If your offroading I think you'll rub. If you dont wanna lift, but wanna run those tire's changing fenders should give you the clearance you need.

The pic below was my Max Tow with the 1.5" up front & 35's with the Bushwacker Fenders installed. There is no doubt there was room for bigger tires in there.

Jeep Gladiator 37’s on Max Tow with front level IMG_0638
Very helpful—thanks! Did I read somewhere that our max tow fenders are two-piece...and that you can take the lower trim piece off the fender for more clearance? I may have dreamed that. Yeah—I lucked up on the tires. I thought they were $150 each but turned out it was for all four! About 14/32’s left so still some life left—and perfect for how little I will use them. Great looking truck by the way.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very helpful—thanks! Did I read somewhere that our max tow fenders are two-piece...and that you can take the lower trim piece off the fender for more clearance? I may have dreamed that. Yeah—I lucked up on the tires. I thought they were $150 each but turned out it was for all four! About 14/32’s left so still some life left—and perfect for how little I will use them. Great looking truck by the way.
Holy shit man.... I would of jumped all over that. My JT now with the fenders, lift & 35's looks like its been skipping leg day. I check multiple times a day for 37's & I havent seen anything at a even remotely reasonable cost with more then 1/2 tread left.

Edit: Oh & yes you can split the fenders to get more clearance. I would suggest not doing it unless your willing to drop the cash for aftermarket if your not happy with the results. I dont think there is much rigidity left to them by the time you got the clearance your looking for. Maybe start checking & look for JT Rubicon Take off's cause you would definitely have the room then.

OP
OP
Punknhead

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy shit man.... I would of jumped all over that. My JT now with the fenders, lift & 35's looks like its been skipping leg day. I check multiple times a day for 37's & I havent seen anything at a even remotely reasonable cost with more then 1/2 tread left.

Edit: Oh & yes you can split the fenders to get more clearance. I would suggest not doing it unless your willing to drop the cash for aftermarket if your not happy with the results. I dont think there is much rigidity left to them by the time you got the clearance your looking for. Maybe start checking & look for JT Rubicon Take off's cause you would definitely have the room then.
I’d been looking for 35’s but I could not pass these up. I’m not going to do a lift for towing reasons. 35 is probably the right tire for me but I’m gonna mount these on my extra wheels and give it a go. I will look for some Rubi fenders. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d been looking for 35’s but I could not pass these up. I’m not going to do a lift for towing reasons. 35 is probably the right tire for me but I’m gonna mount these on my extra wheels and give it a go. I will look for some Rubi fenders. Thanks for the help.
Damn too bad your not closer... I am selling off my 35 BFG's in favor of the 37 Patagonia's. I tow so rarely that I am not at all worried about it.

OP
OP
Punknhead

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 37’s on Max Tow with front level 90D94B2D-6C2F-49E9-B66D-010F5C268C25

Well—I did it. They fit! Only slight rubbing on the plastic air dam at full lock in reverse—which I can take of.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator 37’s on Max Tow with front level 90D94B2D-6C2F-49E9-B66D-010F5C268C25

Well—I did it. They fit! Only slight rubbing on the plastic air dam at full lock in reverse—which I can take of.
Looks good.. & stock narrow wheels too.
Sponsored