Sponsored

392 wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So, Jeep ripped-off what we've been saying this whole time, but put it all in a Wrangler... What a joke.

They need to put it in the JTR. And offer us discounts for being forced with only 1 engine option.

If they offered to just install the 6.4 Hemi drop-in conversion in our current JT vehicles for a big discount and we keep our full warranty, I'd be ok with that, too.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
So, Jeep ripped-off what we've been saying this whole time, but put it all in a Wrangler... What a joke.

They need to put it in the JTR. And offer us discounts for being forced with only 1 engine option.

If they offered to just install the 6.4 Hemi drop-in conversion in our current JT vehicles for a big discount and we keep our full warranty, I'd be ok with that, too.
Well I’d definitely be alright with that

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33296307/jeep-wrangler-v-8-rubicon-392-concept-revealed/

Check out the poll at the end. Almost 80% of people are more interested in a V8 powered Wrangler than a Bronco. If this thing would be under $80,000 then it would crush Bronco sells. I'm with you @Alabama Mud Machine where's our V8 for our JTs at. It's obvious that FCA feels like someone looking in that market would be more interested in a Wrangler than a JT. I don't see Broncos hurting JT sells, but we will see how if it takes away Wrangler sells any.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
It’s another awesome Jeep concept vehicle which will never see production. They do this to us every year...
I feel better about this one though because it’s on the front page of their website not a 3rd party news source

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It’s another awesome Jeep concept vehicle which will never see production. They do this to us every year...
The Bronco could very well be the reason that this does come to production though.

Let's be real, if you already bought a JL or JT, no chance in hell they provide any sort of incentive or discount for us to trade into a new Hemi model, or to have one dropped in. They released what they released and we bought it. Want a hemi? Pony up!

Deleted member 30519

Even if it was produced it would cost way too much. Why not just a 5.7 ? Chrysler should of just made an engine in the middle of the 3.6 and 5.7 for the JT / JL. A new engineered 4.7 would of been perfect.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Hopefully I'm wrong but I doubt we'll see the v8 anytime soon. FCA or whatever they're name is now is going to wait and see if the bronco would really impact Wrangler sales. At the moment it's all hype and all talk of "I'm buying the bronco". Ford doesn't have a good track record with bringing out new generation of vehicles. FCA can afford losing some profits for a couple of years to see how the Bronco is doing. IMO, I hope the bronco does really well. I think it has neat features that the wranglers are missing, and it looks good enough to get one myself one day. It'll be perfect JT as my work truck/ weekend truck and Bronco for DD and road trips.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hopefully I'm wrong but I doubt we'll see the v8 anytime soon. FCA or whatever they're name is now is going to wait and see if the bronco would really impact Wrangler sales. At the moment it's all hype and all talk of "I'm buying the bronco". Ford doesn't have a good track record with bringing out new generation of vehicles. FCA can afford losing some profits for a couple of years to see how the Bronco is doing. IMO, I hope the bronco does really well. I think it has neat features that the wranglers are missing, and it looks good enough to get one myself one day. It'll be perfect JT as my work truck/ weekend truck and Bronco for DD and road trips.
Automakers don't "wait and see" nor is losing profits ever an option as far as they're concerned. The time is now if Jeep wants to battle the Bronco.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If they drop a Hemi in a JT Or JL they got to make it affordable or it's not going to matter. Like it's not going to sway me to buy one if the sticker is $100,000 plus, I can spend my money on something else and would. The way I look at it as a consumer is if they can put a Hemi in a Ram, Grand Cherokee, and make it affordable then they can do it in a JL or JT.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
For being a concept Wrangler, they sure kept it pretty mild. Besides the 392 of course! Lol! I mean they didn't do no trick suspension work or crazy lifts of any kind. It seems they built more of a reality concept than something we know we will never see. I think maybe they wanted to test the waters with a realistic Wrangler sporting the 392. They could've built a Hellcat or Demon concept with crazy suspension work and a bunch of other goodies, but they didn't.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
For being a concept Wrangler, they sure kept it pretty mild. Besides the 392 of course! Lol! I mean they didn't do no trick suspension work or crazy lifts of any kind. It seems they built more of a reality concept than something we know we will never see. I think maybe they wanted to test the waters with a realistic Wrangler sporting the 392. They could've built a Hellcat or Demon concept with crazy suspension work and a bunch of other goodies, but they didn't.
The 5.7 would have been sufficient, and is already available with the 8-speed auto in the Ram. I will be totally shocked if the 6.4 ever sees production.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
they just pulled out of their Oem performance parts bin just like the other automobile makers have done for years for other vehicles. Yes, I agree they could have done more but at least they left the door open for some personal modifications to still let you make the model into what you want via aftermarket so you can make the vehicle the way you want it.
Sponsored