Sponsored

4.10's to 5.13's. Service 4 wheel drive light comes on, traction control off. What? advice?

OP
OP
Trippin01

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Got the programmer. All is well in my world. 100% perfection. Headed to Ouray Co. on Monday. Looking Fwd to sharing the great trails I did with my Daughter last year, with the wife and her parents next week. Happy trails!
Sponsored

bigcheeshead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I just had my Gladiator regeared from 4.10 to 5.13. Everything was well until I took it off the payment to test 4WD. 4WH ran no problem but as soon as I switched to 4WL and drove 5 feet, I immediately got "service 4WD", "service SwayBar Disconnect", "Service Traction control", and a couple of other errors. I was also unable to switch back from 4WL until I restarted the Jeep. Furthermore, Jeep became very sluggish and basically went into limp mode. Fortunately, I saw this thread and was able to quickly reprogram my gear ratio which solved the problem.

For those reading this thread and encountering the same problem. DO NOT DRIVE without reprogramming your gears!!! It will put your JT in limp mode if driving 4WL. After that happens, your best case scenario is to drive back in 4WH if you don't have a tazer. Otherwise, it will wreak havoc on your computer system and you end up having a VERY BAD DAY!