Sponsored

4xe TEST DRIVE

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I disagree, look up the definitions of the different types of hybrids, the plug in is not a full hybrid with the ability to be charged by plugging in.
So what happened to Mac? Got fed the truth and didn't like the taste?
Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
That's 48-50MPGe <-- Don't forget that "e"! that's the mileage you get with an electric charge only. once that is gone you go down to the reg 20+mgp of the 4cyl.

All my wut dude. World markets will bring peace to the world? Think globally? Stop being part of the machine? lol. I think you're far more entrenched in the machine than you know. Is this a Chinese propaganda account? Can we check on this? :P

Would be nice if we could run off the hot air of media/politicians/actors.

Nope, not at all just a realist. Look at the current admin and understand not much will change in that department probably for a long time. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve got to say about that.

You can either hope for the best or be afraid of the worst. Personally Iā€™m tired of the fear and hate in the media and I think itā€™s a minority of people that believe in that crap. Most I believe at middle Right or Middle Left, at least I hope so.

Now, I will and have the skill set/tools to protect myself and my family if it comes to that. I donā€™t think it will though.

There are things happening to the grid that we donā€™t know about.

Anybody been across the UP of Michigan or in Canada lately? Look up, I mean really way up. There is a grid being created across the Northern States and into Canada. I hear most of that is wind and solar power running through those lines up there. Who knows it is really a strange site though.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Batteries may not be the only option...just the next.

Toyota is heavily pushing hydrogen. Europe has a mich more robist hydrogen infrastructure than we do. Toyota is also pushing a dolid state battery the claim to have developed.

Some companies are exploring super capacitors...but those only work in theory so far.

Porsche really does not want an electric 911...they have already made a clean burning petrol alternative, just not able to produce in large quantity yet....if they figure it out the infrastructure (gas stations) are alread in place
Honda is heavily invested in hydrogen, Toyota in Battery Tech. They are 3rd largest investor in the glass battery tech.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Anybody been across the UP of Michigan or in Canada lately? Look up, I mean really way up. There is a grid being created across the Northern States and into Canada. I hear most of that is wind and solar power running through those lines up there. Who knows it is really a strange site though.
Michigan is being sold on the wind turbines, which are popping up everywhere in the state; even below the bridge.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Thank you.....
Most of us agree with you on the dumb argument that battery power is climate friendly and we donā€™t buy into the BS rhetoric that we need this tech for climate change and the GND. The glass sodium battery will negate the use of lithium ion batteries probably very soon.

SO LETS JUST TAKE THAT OFF OF THE TABLE FOR THIS POST. I DONā€™T THINK ANYBODY POSTING ON THIS THREAD BELIEVES THAT CRAP.

THEN we can focus on the comments of people that buy these and what they are like to daily drive and take off road.

COOL?! Hell yes itā€™s cool!

ā€œClimb over tough obstacles and go an electrifying 0-60 mph in 6 seconds. A plug-in hybrid turbocharged engine gives the Wrangler 4xe an impressive 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of instant torque for heart-pounding performance off-road and on-road.ā€

That right there negates the V-8 and why the V-8 is headed for the antique car show mode soon.( yes it makes me sad because I LOVE the sound of a V-8, I have a hemi Grand Cherokee in the stable).

The other issue that I see coming is will auto manufacturers Kill the diesel. My question is, why donā€™t these manufacturers make diesel hybrid vehicles? They would be far better IMOP than petrol hybrids. Higher torque and MPG would be incredible. They must know something we donā€™t, and I am pretty sure I know why, but letā€™s not go there. Letā€™s just keep politics out of this thread.

Manual vs Automatic, the auto manufacturers have put the manual, unfortunately, on the path to extinction. Why? Because 10 speed and 8 speed automatics so good and so efficient that a manual is left to those of us that just love rowing the gears. We are few and a dying breed for the most part as manuals perplex most millennials (apologies if you are one of the few, my daughters are not millennials, they belong to a younger age group and both love and were taught how to drive a manual) 4 years ago for example, Jeep had a crappy Automatic and I personally purchased (in 2016) a JKUHR 6 speed manual and loved it. I was only looking for a manual in the JT when I began my search in 2019, then drove the 8 speed. Everything except just the joy of rowing gears, was negated by the new 8 speed auto. Also the Max Tow wasnā€™t offered in a manual.

THE 4XE IS JUST AWESOME FOR MANY REASONS OTHER THAN TRYING TO BE A GREEN MACHINE. MAYBE WHY ALL ELECTRIC AND HYBRIDS HAVE BLUE TO SAY THEY ARE BATTERY POWERED INSTEAD OF GREEN???

This is just a start, we will see electric Vehicle tech change everything. Off road having all that torque is awesome and I am sure most of us will have plug in hybrids in the near future.

Someone mentioned Porsche as not buying into electric vehicles... šŸ¤” me scratching my head... all of the exotics are going hybrid and electric, including Porsche, because they are so powerful. Even their dd cars are going electric, including Porsche.

Part of the list of electric or hybrid super cars not including new manufacturers:
Porsche, Ferrari, jaguar, Aston Martin, Lamborghini the list goes on and on. Most of those articles, go search, predict the end to petrol fired engines.

Iā€™ll hold onto my Hemi GC, Iā€™ll hold onto my Gladiator until the battery tech makes it better for towing, mpg, and power. I am also in the process of picking up a 2010-12 Mustang GT convertible manual 5.0 V8 before those are all bought up.

Letā€™s enjoy the comments of the new wrangler owners with the 4XE. I personally canā€™t wait to hear more about the experiences of owners with the Rubicon 4XE.

Last edited:

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Michigan is being sold on the wind turbines, which are popping up everywhere in the state; even below the bridge.
Thatā€™s true and wind turbines are probably one of the dumbest, IMOP, and ugly energy alternatives.

What I am talking about are the massive steel power poles with lines running across the UP with no distinguishable lines running off of them to Michiganā€™s power grid. These look like a ā€œpipelineā€ of power across the country.

I hear Michiganā€™s are for mining, but a start to new American/Canadian power grid???

Last edited:

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
To those wanting a diesel hybrid, I'm no expert but I don't think diesel engines are designed for shutting down and starting quickly. I thought the mileage and efficiency goes way down on a diesel if its running cold?

Unless they make a tiny diesel that runs all the time for cruising and just idles when stopped or slowing while charging the battery's for the DC motors to assist in acceleration.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Fully agree, wish we would transition. Anyone who owns a hybrid/electric car to save on gas, good for them. Anyone who owns 1 to "save the Earth" isn't worth the oxygen cycle their wasting on every breath.
You're forgetting about the other reason. Smog. In big cities, smog is a major health issue. Those same cities are also far less likely to use coal for their power so taking hundreds of thousands of gas cars off the road would greatly reduce their smog since their natural gas or nuclear power generation is far cleaner than a gas burning car.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
To those wanting a diesel hybrid, I'm no expert but I don't think diesel engines are designed for shutting down and starting quickly. I thought the mileage and efficiency goes way down on a diesel if its running cold?

Unless they make a tiny diesel that runs all the time for cruising and just idles when stopped or slowing while charging the battery's for the DC motors to assist in acceleration.
They would also be very expensive and require more maintenance. Diesel also produces more NOx emissions than gas which is more smog in the local air.

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Despite government subsidies for the past 50 years, "sustainable energy" hasn't moved the needle one iota, still hovering between 7% and 8%.
Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE capture_0
Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE US-annual-electricity-generation-by-energy-source-1970-2019-Source-US-EIA

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
This is why nuclear or some other form of energy will have to supplement solar and wind power. Unless something changes with solar collection efficiency. Right now that is all BS politics. I donā€™t care about that.

This thread should be about the

4XE!! I WANT TO HEAR FROM THE OWNERS OF THESE!

I think most of us have opinions on the political and environmental side of this. Start another thread about Energy if you would like.

Back on topic

Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE E9325801-C140-4AB0-8D35-DD2BA7029945

Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE 5062AA1A-D9E8-41B4-84B4-82A443BD233F

9DC7987F-530A-403B-B5F3-D5B5B6CF033A.jpeg

FC1DB22D-8D0C-437F-BF0A-4E1CCB6A3020.jpeg

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
This is why nuclear or some other form of energy will have to supplement solar and wind power. Unless something changes with solar collection efficiency. Right now that is all BS politics. I donā€™t care about that.

This thread should be about the

4XE!! I WANT TO HEAR FROM THE OWNERS OF THESE!

I think most of us have opinions on the political and environmental side of this. Start another thread about Energy if you would like.

Back on topic

Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE FC1DB22D-8D0C-437F-BF0A-4E1CCB6A3020

Iā€™m still loving mine!!
if you have any questions specifically please ask away! I still have my manual JT rubicon but this is actually more fun to drive!

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
My question about the 4Xe is when it was announced it claimed 25 miles range on full electric mode. Now the real world testing is between 21 and 20 miles on full electric range. This is on a bone stock Rubicon version. What will the range drop to when you mod it up like I have. Lift, wheels, 35in tires, winch, rock rails?

I really want the Gladiator version when it comes out but if they don't increase the range to at least 100 miles pure electric then I would most likely pass. šŸ™
Sponsored