First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I can't wait to see this, that extra 17 gal. will be awesome.
had to cancel a trip to see my kids on account of this “”””””supply crunch”””””” and decided to prioritize it. It would have made the difference.
Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Ive got no major complaints. Ill be replacing the front resonator with a muffler most likely, but im still really happy with it sound/quality/power.

The only issue i have is that sitting at 65mph with 37’s and 4.88 gears, it booms just a bit at that resonance. Its not “drone” perse, but more that speed at that rev with my set up, if it has a hill that stays 8th gear the engine load makes some noise. A few mph above or below and its silent. Other than that, it makes nice sound driving around, and at wot. I love the sound.

After i get the blower in im going to see if the power delivery/tuning takes the noise out with higher power vs load. Some of that noise is also the intake though, so i dont want to change anything in the exhaust until blower is on.
OK, so this post makes me question this exhaust or others. You were happy, but now want to replace the "AWE 180 resonator device" with a muffler? Or you'll be running two mufflers? I was almost sold until this post. But now it's too loud with your RPM range? I have a manual, so was always a wild card, but sometime I need to simply cruise in 4th.

I want to be nice to neighbors in the morning (F*ck that F150 wannabe that leaves every morning at 5am :mad: loud as shit).

I have a K&N intake for the cabin fun noise, so wonder if the AWE is actually a good idea? You needing to change it scares me away, as I LOVE how the K&N alone sounds through the gears. But I also loved the exhaust sound in yours and their videos.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
OK, so this post makes me question this exhaust or others. You were happy, but now want to replace the "AWE 180 resonator device" with a muffler? Or you'll be running two mufflers? I was almost sold until this post. But now it's too loud with your RPM range? I have a manual, so was always a wild card, but sometime I need to simply cruise in 4th.

I want to be nice to neighbors in the morning (F*ck that F150 wannabe that leaves every morning at 5am :mad: loud as shit).

I have a K&N intake for the cabin fun noise, so wonder if the AWE is actually a good idea? You needing to change it scares me away, as I LOVE how the K&N alone sounds through the gears. But I also loved the exhaust sound in yours and their videos.
no, i was thinking about replacing the small front muffler(resonator?) with a quieter one. The rear 180 resonator kills the drone Really well

the sound is smooth and mellow. It isnt obnoxious, but you do hear it at cruise. I generally err on the side of wanting quieter.

if its any indication how big a deal it isnt, i still havent done anything about it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

id say this. If you want Borla touring sound, this one is too loud. If youre ok with Borla s type level sound, this exhaust is fine. My neighbors dont complain, and as i leave for work at 0430, ive asked them if its a problem.

hope that makes it clear as mud.

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
no, i was thinking about replacing the small front muffler(resonator?) with a quieter one. The rear 180 resonator kills the drone Really well

the sound is smooth and mellow. It isnt obnoxious, but you do hear it at cruise. I generally err on the side of wanting quieter.

if its any indication how big a deal it isnt, i still havent done anything about it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

id say this. If you want Borla touring sound, this one is too loud. If youre ok with Borla s type level sound, this exhaust is fine. My neighbors dont complain, and as i leave for work at 0430, ive asked them if its a problem.

Kurt,

have you ordered a long range tank yet?
Wondering if the AWE is going to work with it.
Thanks

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4

Ha, pretty much. Sound is so subjective. Says a lot it doesn't bother the neighbors at 0430. I sometimes have work or flights early too, and hate the thought of sounding like the jackass in my neighborhood that annoys us all at 0500 every damn morning.

Thanks for your follow-up!

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Kurt,

have you ordered a long range tank yet?
Wondering if the AWE is going to work with it.
Thanks
i have not yet. Work and family has been busy so everything with the truck got put on hold. Their pics of their barre muffler lead me to believe the AWE one will work.

Sara/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Ambassador of Stoke
Ha, pretty much. Sound is so subjective. Says a lot it doesn't bother the neighbors at 0430. I sometimes have work or flights early too, and hate the thought of sounding like the jackass in my neighborhood that annoys us all at 0500 every damn morning.

Thanks for your follow-up!
A couple of notes:

Our systems have a break in time of 1000miles. This mellows out the sound and allows the packing in the resonator to open up. We pack it tight to last. You'll also get carbon build up in the tubing as well which mellows things out a bit.

All of the JT systems are the same, but the outlet configuration will change the projection of the sound and therefore the amount of noise coming back into the cabin. We have many guys running the single side outlet and the dual Tread edition and love it.

You can start with the Trail and buy a Tread outlet section down the line. It’s a flexible system in that regard.

We developed these to cancel drone at highway speeds with stock gearing. We also have different gearing on our JT (see our Adventures of the AWE JT thread for details.) Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Halfcabnut

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator . 2000 Ford 7.3 Superduty/1974 Ford Bronco Halfcab
Occupation
Sheetmetal Fabricator
Hello all .. New to this thread just going to report I have the AWE High Tuck on Manual trans . Absolutely love the exhaust note ! Zero drone just a nice pleasant tone during acceleration, down shifting sounds great.
Cruise 5th and 6th gear barely notice it over stock. Very nice fitment ,very well thought out kit. Two thumbs up from me anyway.
Dan
Sponsored