8.4 radio suddenly sounds horrible

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
Went for a ride this morning and decided to adjust the equalizer. The moment I touched the treble control the radio got all distorted sounding. Sounds like a POS all sources as though all the speakers blew. Anyone else have this happen? Jeep is 3 days old
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Went for a ride this morning and decided to adjust the equalizer. The moment I touched the treble control the radio got all distorted sounding. Sounds like a POS all sources as though all the speakers blew. Anyone else have this happen? Jeep is 3 days old
Did it have any effect on the sound when you changed the settings back to what they were?
Did turning the truck off and restarting fix the problem?
Sounds like it could be a defective unit.

OP
OP
chsapeak

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
Did it have any effect on the sound when you changed the settings back to what they were?
Did turning the truck off and restarting fix the problem?
Sounds like it could be a defective unit.

Just got back in the truck and it's working fine. Did some internet searching and it seems a lot of people have experienced this and it resets itself after sitting for a while.. wtf????

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
mine today got stuck muted and the phone call that was coming in was stuck on the instrument cluster screen. It's like it shit itself and restarting the truck didn't work until the third time. Weird

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
These Uconnect systems are really buggy/full of gllitches ....have been for quite some time. My wife's Renegade twice in as many years as decided it was home sick and changed everything to "Italian". The one in my JT has twice now...in less than a month...decided to completely forget any phone pairings. Its android auto has periodically stopped providing any voice (google maps, ok google, etc). In both vehicles ...the volume sometimes just sets itself to like level 1...no matter what I set the volume knob at.

Fortunately thus far in all cases....I restart or two fixes most things....and in the case of the phone pairing ive had to clear cache on the phone....forget UCONNECT on the phone and redo pairing.......until the next time that is.

Uconnect APP is next to worthless....not sure what good it is to me to know how much gas I had 5 days ago...or what my tire pressure was last week. Sending a address to the nav system would be a lot more useful if it didnt take a day or two to show up in vehicle.

Sponsored

Twizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Yup, owned since August and I have had 3 distorted events, 1 muted, and several freezes. All fixed by leaving the ignition off long enough for the system to reset. And all issues are across all inputs: Sirius, FM, and CarPlay.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Latest glitch....put some MP3s and Flacs onto a USB thumb drive. Worked great for a few days but now all the sudden if I even have the USB drive plugged in ...regardless if I am actually using it...the Uconnect constantly reboots itself (~every min or so).

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
You guys are making me miss the old days with just my Sony explode cd player that never messed up and was indestructible. Ugh I really have been thinking of getting the basic uconnect 5 inch when I order. All this tech is just too glitchy

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
You guys are making me miss the old days with just my Sony explode cd player that never messed up and was indestructible. Ugh I really have been thinking of getting the basic uconnect 5 inch when I order. All this tech is just too glitchy
In terms of sound quality....I actually am glad I got the premium option....just wish they put more effort into the software side of things. Literally everything "software" related to the JT infotainment(Uconnect, Android Auto, phone pairing, USB music, Sirius Guardian...etc) is beyond glitchy. Its unfortunate and kinda sad because compared to some other OEM infotainment systems...Uconnect is still one of the better ones...it could be top notch if they put some talent behind it.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
mine today got stuck muted and the phone call that was coming in was stuck on the instrument cluster screen. It's like it shit itself and restarting the truck didn't work until the third time. Weird
Yup, owned since August and I have had 3 distorted events, 1 muted, and several freezes. All fixed by leaving the ignition off long enough for the system to reset. And all issues are across all inputs: Sirius, FM, and CarPlay.
Latest glitch....put some MP3s and Flacs onto a USB thumb drive. Worked great for a few days but now all the sudden if I even have the USB drive plugged in ...regardless if I am actually using it...the Uconnect constantly reboots itself (~every min or so).
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're all having concerns with your Uconnect systems. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Seriously doubt its worth going to a dealer. This is just the way Uconnect is...I know from experience with my wife's Renegade(2017) and before that her Cherokee(2013) that its badly written glitchy software....dealer(s) could never figure anything out on either of those systems so I doubt mine would be any different.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Seriously doubt its worth going to a dealer. This is just the way Uconnect is...I know from experience with my wife's Renegade(2017) and before that her Cherokee(2013) that its badly written glitchy software....dealer(s) could never figure anything out on either of those systems so I doubt mine would be any different.
If you change your mind please let me know. I would be happy to open a case for you and get you over to a Uconnect specalist.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored