A/C blowing heat when set to 60

Tidmore20

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
So I’m having a problem with the A/C in my Gladiator blowing hot air when I set it to 60 and even have the A/C turned on. The weird part is, it only blows hot when it is 60 degrees or lower outside temp. I can change my temp from 60-70 and it only blows hot as it can. When I go to Lo, it blows cold.....am I missing something here? Is there some kind of setting that I’m not seeing? I’ve tried to look all over for anyone else with this issue and there doesn’t seem to be a fix that I can find. I’m hoping someone on here can help. Thanks in advance

EE63F135-9986-4FD3-A5D3-070D12643422.jpeg
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
So I’m having a problem with the A/C in my Gladiator blowing hot air when I set it to 60 and even have the A/C turned on. The weird part is, it only blows hot when it is 60 degrees or lower outside temp. I can change my temp from 60-70 and it only blows hot as it can. When I go to Lo, it blows cold.....am I missing something here? Is there some kind of setting that I’m not seeing? I’ve tried to look all over for anyone else with this issue and there doesn’t seem to be a fix that I can find. I’m hoping someone on here can help. Thanks in advance

EE63F135-9986-4FD3-A5D3-070D12643422.jpeg
Having a similar issue with my max tow. I’m going to get the dealer to look at when I bring it in for the steering TSB. The service manager said he thought there was a flash fix for it.... so fingers crossed

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/issue-with-temperature-and-defrost.35436/

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
It sort of sounds like it's working as intended. The temperature setting is more like a thermostat - it automatically picks the temperature of the air in order to heat/cool the cabin. It doesn't set the temperature of the air coming out to the degree you select, which is counter-intuitive if you're coming form an older AC like I was that simply had a blue/red dial.

So if it's 59 degrees outside and you set it to 60, then it's going to give you warm/hot air until the inside reaches the right temperature and then it should cool back down to what you were probably expecting.

If I want cool air when it's cold outside I put it down to low.

JAPE

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020JT
Occupation
Engineer

Jeep Gladiator A/C blowing heat when set to 60 EE63F135-9986-4FD3-A5D3-070D12643422
Running the AC whether it was 70F or 100F+ outside regardless of AC temp setting (AC not in auto mode) I also experienced hot air blowing from the passenger side floor area. This would happen randomly with city driving or cruising at highway speeds (kept it in the double digits).

Today, per my request (from forum suggestions) the dealer reprogrammed per TSB 24-007-19 and TSB 24-007-21.

This seems to have fixed the problem, I will advise if further driving reveals otherwise.
2020 JTR
odometer>> 34500+ miles

Thank you all for the information that helped.
Sponsored