HVAC / AC intermittently blowing warm

RenegadeJT

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Recently my 2020 3.6L Auto Gladiator has started having AC issues. The majority of the time, the AC works great. But so far about once a week I will get in it and start driving and the AC just stays warm from startup. As I drive it just randomly kicks on and cools off and then doesn’t do it again for days. Sometimes it’s just a block or two of driving and it works, other times it’s quite a few miles and I the AC suddenly starts blowing cold again. I can’t seem to figure out what’s causing it to not work to begin with. Any ideas?
Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
If you have it in the "Auto" mode, take it out and set it to manual Lo... see if it gives you the same issue... as mentioned, it probably needs the updated flash.

OP
OP

RenegadeJT

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
If you have it in the "Auto" mode, take it out and set it to manual Lo... see if it gives you the same issue... as mentioned, it probably needs the updated flash.
no auto mode on mine… I spoke to my buddy at the dealer, they are going to flash it and see what happens

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Good deal. I mentioned the "auto" because several threads on the subject of the A/C intermittently blowing hot air.... it's a normal induction of fresh air when running your A/C in auto mode... it was just a thought.

I hope the flash fixes your issue ... good luck.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Good deal. I mentioned the "auto" because several threads on the subject of the A/C intermittently blowing hot air.... it's a normal induction of fresh air when running your A/C in auto mode... it was just a thought.

I hope the flash fixes your issue ... good luck.
Doesn't matter if it's auto mode or not......... my wife never likes auto mode and ran my JT in AC mode on the way back from Colorado Springs - and it did it then. In fact, that was the first time I'd ever noticed it was when she was driving and it was in AC mode.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Doesn't matter if it's auto mode or not......... my wife never likes auto mode and ran my JT in AC mode on the way back from Colorado Springs - and it did it then. In fact, that was the first time I'd ever noticed it was when she was driving and it was in AC mode.
Mmmm.... I have heard of it doing it auto , but never in regular mode. I run mine in regular mode on low and have never experienced it. I wonder if there are other aspects to it ?
Sponsored