A rough morning…

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
You were spot on about the 24 hr thing. I woke up yesterday feeling like I was hit buy a bag of bricks. It’s so odd how the body works. The day of the crash I was a little sore, but went to work like nothing happened. Then towards 7pm I started feeling stiff, but by the next morning my lap/belly and chest was sore from the seatbelt, my left side (ribs) feel like I’d lost a boxing match, the rest of my body was sore, and overall I was just exhausted/slept all day (popped in and out of sleep all day).
go to the doc. and get checked out. tell them of ALL issues you currently are experiencing, no matter how small or insignificant. document, document, document...oh, and hope you feel better! :)
Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Incredible you weren’t carried out of here. This will be written off. Can’t fix this. I’d say adding to the physical mess you can see, is a bunch you can’t.

I had one of these types of crashes back in October 2020 when traveling on the highway at night, an elk ran out and slammed into me. Wrote off the truck. It had 30k damage but it didnt have nearly the amount of damage you do.

I would bet your frame is out of square, wiring harnesses are a mess, air bags deployed, broken axel, rad and engine, perhaps front drive shaft ….

I was able to be with my appraiser that visited my truck at the impound yard and speak with him after he did his walk around, photos and notes to ask how a “write off” is determined. He said the estimated repairs would have to be 70% of the value of the truck to be a write off.

Take it easy and start shopping again

20Gladiator22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Investigator
Bummer. Glad all are OK. Airbag looks like it came from the Griswold family truckster though. Makes wonder what is inside that steering wheel on mine now?

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
You were spot on about the 24 hr thing. I woke up yesterday feeling like I was hit buy a bag of bricks. It’s so odd how the body works. The day of the crash I was a little sore, but went to work like nothing happened. Then towards 7pm I started feeling stiff, but by the next morning my lap/belly and chest was sore from the seatbelt, my left side (ribs) feel like I’d lost a boxing match, the rest of my body was sore, and overall I was just exhausted/slept all day (popped in and out of sleep all day).
That's called being in an accident! At 18 2 buddies and I hit 4 oak trees at 76 mph, I was in the back seat, bother windows broke on my back, I hit the bench seat so hard it had my body imprint in it, bent in a U! The proverbial BB in a tin can, we actually hit 2 oak trees did a 360 hit the other 2, I thought we hit the curb and blew a tire , I had a buzz on! Kicked the door open, told my friend give me the keys and they weren’t in the ignition, got out looked around said we're not going anywhere, hospital ride and the next week in bed where it felt like someone beat me with a baseball bat!! Yes, I know how that feels!

Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
IT Professional; Retired Military
That's called being in an accident! At 18 2 buddies and I hit 4 oak trees at 76 mph, I was in the back seat, bother windows broke on my back, I hit the bench seat so hard it had my body imprint in it, bent in a U! The proverbial BB in a tin can, we actually hit 2 oak trees did a 360 hit the other 2, I thought we hit the curb and blew a tire , I had a buzz on! Kicked the door open, told my friend give me the keys and they weren’t in the ignition, got out looked around said we're not going anywhere, hospital ride and the next week in bed where it felt like someone beat me with a baseball bat!! Yes, I know how that feels!
Holy smokes, your’s sounds way more serious than mine. That must have been awful. How long did it take you to recover?

Personally I’m feeling better, I’ve been resting a lot. Time will tell.

I’ve finally had a few exchanges with USAA via email, mostly sharing my images and vehicle data. I’ll give them until COB Monday (today is Friday) before I start pushing for a resolution.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
And here are a few extra images…
(There might be one I’ve shown before, but I’m using my phone to post so it’s difficult to tell)

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 8F5CE740-0F05-4AB6-BB49-41511220D0C2

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 8C65D234-7755-4320-B4B4-4A14DCB90AD2

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 3BADC471-3A4F-451F-8888-3F1414FA3F9D

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 6A596989-E391-4CB4-AE39-2ECD98E1E9CD

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 71BE3787-B571-4668-8BFE-C50BF606ED52

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 2F54D198-629A-416C-9BD5-9DABF2F02329

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
And here’s the other vehicle, sorry for the horrible composition, the lighting was awful (flashing, spots, and darkness).

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 3F96C91C-3A73-4112-9868-CBBD6DA30564

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 842896B5-800B-4821-B971-A1952F1638A0

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… F14CEECF-AFDF-4C45-A957-3F9681D3005C

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Holy smokes, your’s sounds way more serious than mine. That must have been awful. How long did it take you to recover?

Personally I’m feeling better, I’ve been resting a lot. Time will tell.

I’ve finally had a few exchanges with USAA via email, mostly sharing my images and vehicle data. I’ll give them until COB Monday (today is Friday) before I start pushing for a resolution.
It was bad, big heavy 1983 Pontiac Catalina didn't fare well, we hit a small palm and then the trees, The main thing I remember was the "click" of the seat belt my buddy got on right before we hit!

He and I spent the next 7 days in the family room sleeper sofa,

Quick with the insurance exchange, that's great, it took 5 weeks before I heard from the insurance for my mothers car, but I hired a lawyer the next day, heard all kinds of stories from a lady she was the 3rd car hit, Pretty sure the lawyer changes everything!

relax get better, have you ever been to a chiropractor, I go now, i should have gone after the accident, I have permanent neck problems,

Added these, my friend sent me these a while back, I saw a couple of different ones long ago,

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… IMG_6166 (1).JPG

Last edited:

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
dang, hate seeing things like this. Sorry

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Kia Sportage
Occupation
Deputy
I'd just like to add, switch to USAA when you are done with this. I've been in one accident and they were absolutely amazing to work with (My wife is military baby so I am am member through my father in law).

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
I'd just like to add, switch to USAA when you are done with this. I've been in one accident and they were absolutely amazing to work with (My wife is military baby so I am am member through my father in law).
My end insurance company will all depend on how this adventure ends. If USAA takes proper care of me, they’ll earn my business. Either way, Allstate is on the chopping block.

Thanks for the recommendation. 👍

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
Da
I was driving my nephew to the airport this morning (4am) when someone decided it was a great time to take a nap behind their wheel and swerved into my lane…only 2 months old…I’m not happy.

Ng that sucks!! Hope your all ok?
Sponsored