Sponsored

ACE JT Gladiator Rock Sliders, Would buy them again, are you happy with them, hate them, please let me know.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
That is correct paint stays good. It is lower but w a double tube/rail set up you aint never gonna hurt the body.
Howdy mrmo,

That's my thinking, keeping the Rubi rails just adds to the protection. I do NOT plan to abuse this Jeep, I have a hot rod SxS to get crazy with but I do want something more then the Rubi rail and the wife needs a step. I am going to give Ace a call on Monday and see if they anticipate any sales in the near future.

Dave
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Seems kinda pricey for the thickness of that tube, .134" and 50lbs. Think there's other options out there of the same or larger tubes for same or less money.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
To each their own...buy em, leave em. Nothing else out there that keeps the rubi rails

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Seems kinda pricey for the thickness of that tube, .134" and 50lbs. Think there's other options out there of the same or larger tubes for same or less money.
Howdy j.o.y.ride,

Thanks for your reply. Folks keep saying there are other sliders that work with the rubi rails but no one has ever posted a link that I have seen, "I" have not been able to find another slider that will work with the Rubi rails. One thing, the price of the Ace sliders includes shipping, I found a slider built by Rock Hard, this one

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-80104.htm

that doesn't use the Rubi rails but seems like a solid unit but when you figure in the cost of shipping it's only a couple hundred lower then the Ace in price.

Dave

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Howdy Red Hot Sloth,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked and have not found any other rock sliders that retain the Rubi rails, if you know of any please send a link.

Dave
I think one of the Baracade rails on Extreme terrain works with the rubi rails. Not the same quality as Ace as they are from china.

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Howdy j.o.y.ride,

Thanks for your reply. Folks keep saying there are other sliders that work with the rubi rails but no one has ever posted a link that I have seen, "I" have not been able to find another slider that will work with the Rubi rails. One thing, the price of the Ace sliders includes shipping, I found a slider built by Rock Hard, this one

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-80104.htm

that doesn't use the Rubi rails but seems like a solid unit but when you figure in the cost of shipping it's only a couple hundred lower then the Ace in price.

Dave
order the rockhards from Northridge and get free shipping and a forum discount.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
order the rockhards from Northridge and get free shipping and a forum discount.
Howdy Joel,

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Dave

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Happy with them as protection and as a step 2+ years in use.
Jeep Gladiator ACE JT Gladiator Rock Sliders, Would buy them again, are you happy with them, hate them, please let me know. 2C2128B8-C4AA-48FF-9E23-DF3B58C71952

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
Ace sliders here as well. 2 winters and some rust showing. No surprise coming from salty roads here. great protection and step. Research the installation . Body mount bolts can be a bitch. I was lucky.
Good luck!
Sponsored