Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
I'm new to the group and have a Willys on order which leads me to 3 questions:

1) Are the ace rock sliders still the only game in town that allows for the factory rock sliders to stay in place?

2) Has anyone applied the spray on bed liner to their side steps instead of adding the no slip tape?

3) Where is the best site for jeep apparel?
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
While we live in CA, so the weather/drought means a lot less water than some places, my wife sees no need for skateboard tape to use the sliders as a step. The diameter means enough surface area that it's not been an issue for her.

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I've dug through all the slider info I can find and basically, yes- Ace is the way to go if you want tube sliders that maintain the rock rails.
One note- Ace is being acquired by another company (details on their website) so they are warning of production/ shipping delays. Hopefully it'll be sorted by the time you get your Willys, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

OP
OP

Sammar

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
I've dug through all the slider info I can find and basically, yes- Ace is the way to go if you want tube sliders that maintain the rock rails.
One note- Ace is being acquired by another company (details on their website) so they are warning of production/ shipping delays. Hopefully it'll be sorted by the time you get your Willys, but just wanted to give you a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up. I contacted them and they said shipping takes about 6 weeks

SeanKenmore

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Biotech
Contemplating on the ACE rock sliders to add to the Mojave that comes with factory rails. Sine I am totally new to customizing vehicle wondering what’s the big deal on bolt-on body mounting vs side pinch bolt on mounting (as done with other rock sliders besides it will need to take off factory rails)? Also would it affect any of the factory warranties since the bolts on body are removed and then re-inserted for installing these rock sliders?

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Contemplating on the ACE rock sliders to add to the Mojave that comes with factory rails. Sine I am totally new to customizing vehicle wondering what’s the big deal on bolt-on body mounting vs side pinch bolt on mounting (as done with other rock sliders besides it will need to take off factory rails)? Also would it affect any of the factory warranties since the bolts on body are removed and then re-inserted for installing these rock sliders?
The ace sliders only use the body bolts because the factory rock rails stay in place and are covering up the pinch seam. Other sliders would replace the factory rock roils as well as add the protection that the ace sliders provide and utilize both the pinch seam and body or rock rail bolts.

I don't know of any true rock rails that would attach at the pinch seam only. The factory rock rails use the pinch seam and a couple of under body mounting locations.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I'm new to the group and have a Willys on order which leads me to 3 questions:

1) Are the ace rock sliders still the only game in town that allows for the factory rock sliders to stay in place?

2) Has anyone applied the spray on bed liner to their side steps instead of adding the no slip tape?

3) Where is the best site for jeep apparel?
There are Barricade Rock Sliders from Extreme Terrain that work with Rubi Rails that are about 1/3 the price of Ace Sliders. I cant speak to the quality but they are currently on a 12 week back order.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
There are Barricade Rock Sliders from Extreme Terrain that work with Rubi Rails that are about 1/3 the price of Ace Sliders. I cant speak to the quality but they are currently on a 12 week back order.
They're showing ready to ship...

In Stock FREE 3-day Delivery
Get it by Friday, 11/12

Order in the next 5 hrs 32 mins

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
They're showing ready to ship...

In Stock FREE 3-day Delivery
Get it by Friday, 11/12

Order in the next 5 hrs 32 mins
Blah it's 7:35AM sorry.

NOT READY to ship.

Maybe I should be on the JT page and not JL.

JT:

Out of Stock
Ships between 12/13 - 12/20

Notify me when it's back in stock.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Whiteknuckle offroad makes a nice set, but they're pricey. The barricades don't look like they're rock sliders, more like steps from the look of the mount.

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Whidh baricades work with the rubi rails? Do you know the name of the product as I have not seen that in the descriptions. Thanks