Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
So I've got a couple of weeks to go, my order went in 9/1 and still says unfulfilled. Hope I get them before the Academy class in Hollister.
just got a notification they are shipped! 6 weeks to get them but will be worth the wait.
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Just picked mine back up from powder coating. Unfortunately, they will be sitting in the garage until I’m no longer a lemon head.
126F1240-AAC4-435A-890C-DB7B048A3275.jpeg
Any pics of these installed?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK. I'm confused. The OP says $500.

The website says 1165.99!!!

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0

Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Wait, are you telling me that 1) prices have gone up this past year; and 2) resurrecting old threads can cause confusion?

Inconceivable!
I would buy them right now for $635 though.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I mean since we're already here anyways... did these really double in price over a year and a half?
Supply & Demand and realizing what they had is a sumbitch.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Damnnnn would pay $635 in a second.

Sponsored

Dark_Iron_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[2021 Sarge Mojave]
Gouging... nice.
OR, and hear me out here... the cost of source materials, possibly labor, and any number of factors also went up - perhaps their production is down because of those same issues.

If you can make a widget for $1 and sell it for $3, everybody wins. But if it now costs you $3 to make that same widget would you still sell it for $3? No, you'd sell it for $5. If you normally sell 100 per month ($200 in revenue to pay the bills after material costs) but the supply chain limits you to 50 per month, guess what, that once $3 widget will now sell for $10, at least.

Materials are in short supply, transportation is in short supply, many things aren't what they were 2 years ago. I don't count that as gouging. It's shitty for sure, but in line with any number of industries.

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
OR, and hear me out here... the cost of source materials, possibly labor, and any number of factors also went up - perhaps their production is down because of those same issues.

If you can make a widget for $1 and sell it for $3, everybody wins. But if it now costs you $3 to make that same widget would you still sell it for $3? No, you'd sell it for $5. If you normally sell 100 per month ($200 in revenue to pay the bills after material costs) but the supply chain limits you to 50 per month, guess what, that once $3 widget will now sell for $10, at least.

Materials are in short supply, transportation is in short supply, many things aren't what they were 2 years ago. I don't count that as gouging. It's shitty for sure, but in line with any number of industries.
I work in transportation/ logistics. It's the same BS as before covid lol. Also there are other items of the same materials not doubling in price so I'd personally be hard pressed to see the need. But this is obviously all speculation. Personally I'll look at other options...

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, are you telling me that 1) prices have gone up this past year; and 2) resurrecting old threads can cause confusion?

Inconceivable!
I would expect the price to go up. but MORE THAN DOUBLE??!!??

1165.99/500 = 2.3

I would not have expected the price to be 2.3X its original price.

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
I would expect the price to go up. but MORE THAN DOUBLE??!!??

1165.99/500 = 2.3

I would not have expected the price to be 2.3X its original price.
Yeah thats nuts for sure. From what I have heard ACE was bought out. So instead of a good product at a reasonable price someone greedy decides to up the price over double. I understand steel has gone up and its harder to find skilled workers right now but double the price? No thanks.
Sponsored