Sponsored

ACE Performance Exhaust for Jeep Gladiator!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Actually exhaust design can modify the curve greatly. Velocity, scavenging, all impact LOW END torque greatly. You can shift the curve higher or lower, you can increase torque, HP, shift it, or decrease it all with exhaust changes.
If a pipe is designed for only bottom end torque, it will give up top-end horsepower and vice versa.
Racers building large-displacement high-horsepower engines often design a pipe for top-end power to reduce low-end torque. You gear accordingly.
For example of how an exhaust change could indeed change the look of the dyno results - consider this -
A larger exhaust changes the shape of the power curve.
It makes it more peaky, but the area under the curve is reduced.
Average power is less but peak power is more. You sharpen it.
Too large is bad, you want velocity and not turbulence. Velocity helps pull the exhaust out as there's a slight vacuum behind each pulse of exhaust - and faster pulses means more pull - scavenging.

tuning exhaust can totally change the look of the dyno results.
I changed mine on my 73 just by putting an H in behind the headers. Some prefer the more expensive X design.
Sponsored

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
Good info thanks for letting me know. They just looked wildly different so I assumed. Also seems like a lot of power from an NA catback..

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Catback designs are common because most vehicles have one cat and it's difficult and expensive to replace it with dual cats. I just got my JT, but it appears to have a cat on each exhaust bank right below each exhaust manifold. So, it would seem a true dual exhaust wouldn't be too difficult on a gladiator.

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Good info thanks for letting me know. They just looked wildly different so I assumed. Also seems like a lot of power from an NA catback..
No tune or octane change whatsoever (both 87 octane) - simply bolt-on Cat-Back exhaust results on Dyno sheet.

Thank you,

willjtl

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep Gladiator rubicons launch edition
Occupation
Sales professional
Vehicle Showcase
Still like the afe power quad design

Sponsored

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACEJTPESS-E_Rendering.jpg

Here's some updated info as well as a schematic of what comes in the kit.

System Design:

This Jeep system is designed with true dual tailpipes exiting the muffler. This provides for unique sound development by using the muffler to tune the exhaust flow. This is not possible in a single in and out muffler used in other systems. The dual tailpipes also help maintain a lower flow restriction which means less back pressure.

Muffler:

The muffler is manufactured using 304 SS and is an all-welded construction design for strength. It utilizes tuning chambers for sound control and is manufactured with large diameter interior tubes to minimize back pressure restrictions and to improve performance.

Pipes:

The pipes are also manufactured with 304 SS material for both longer life and strength. They are 2 ½ inch diameter and are all Mandrel Bend construction which maintains the interior diameter at it’s maximum in the bend area. This prevents reduced flow and increased back pressure.

Thank you,

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)

System Design:

This Jeep system is designed with true dual tailpipes exiting the muffler. This provides for unique sound development by using the muffler to tune the exhaust flow. This is not possible in a single in and out muffler used in other systems. The dual tailpipes also help maintain a lower flow restriction which means less back pressure.

Muffler:

The muffler is manufactured using 304 SS and is an all-welded construction design for strength. It utilizes tuning chambers for sound control and is manufactured with large diameter interior tubes to minimize back pressure restrictions and to improve performance.

Pipes:

The pipes are also manufactured with 304 SS material for both longer life and strength. They are 2 ½ inch diameter and are all Mandrel Bend construction which maintains the interior diameter at it’s maximum in the bend area. This prevents reduced flow and increased back pressure.

Thank you,
I do like the exhaust note produced.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase

System Design:

Muffler:

Pipes:

Thank you,
Would the system be negatively affected in any way if you just attached the turndown tips at the end of the silver pipe, without taking it all the way to the back?

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would the system be negatively affected in any way if you just attached the turndown tips at the end of the silver pipe, without taking it all the way to the back?
It has not been dyno'd in that configuration, but you should not see any decreases in performance. If anything, that configuration is less restrictive.

Thank you,

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
Most states require that the exhaust exits behind rear axle. Those with state inspections anyways.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most states require that the exhaust exits behind rear axle. Those with state inspections anyways.
This kit comes with both. So if you're concerned about emission laws, you have the tips for on-road. Then when it's time to wheel, those can be removed.

Thank you,

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this on Ace’s site. Seems like a great deal! I’m waiting on my Ace JT Expedition bumper and Rock Sliders now. (And the credit card bill). Hope a deal comes back around when I’m ready for exhaust.

29B13420-E818-4841-9343-E0704F8B1EB3.png

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I really like the exhaust note.
ACE Engineering, there is no exhaust hanger on the passenger side of the Gladiator, does the kit include one? Thanks.
Sponsored