Sponsored

Actual measurements of 37" tires mounted??

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I have searched and cannot find anything here on this forum. I've found other places with some measurements.

So, my question is can some of you with 37" tires chime in and give or better yet show an actual measurement with a tape measure what your tires are measuring??

The info I've found is that most all of them are measuring between 34.5 to 35.5 mounted on the vehicle, and yes I'm talking about 37s...

So, if you will postum up...

Thanks
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yep my BFG ko2 on the jeep
Are 35.5

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have searched and cannot find anything here on this forum. I've found other places with some measurements.

So, my question is can some of you with 37" tires chime in and give or better yet show an actual measurement with a tape measure what your tires are measuring??

The info I've found is that most all of them are measuring between 34.5 to 35.5 mounted on the vehicle, and yes I'm talking about 37s...

Thanks
It will vary with the tire brand and type.
The so-called 32" Overland tires are 32.2" and the so-called 33" Rubicon tires are 32.8"
It's funny because people keep saying "the Rubicon tires are 1" bigger" and yet they are really only .6" difference! There's roughly a half inch difference between THOSE particular 32 and 33" tires.
You'll find the numbers you get from people with 37s will vary as well based on the brand and tire itself.
One person with "37s" may say 36.2" while another has another type/brand and theirs may be 36.8" or even 37.2"

Find the site of the company that makes the tire and you'll get the real scoop.
Or hope someone here has the exact tire you want or are looking at or have.

OP
OP
prewdog4

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I understand manufacturers stated tire height, it's the mounted height I'm after. The stated tire height is always more than actual mounted height.

The reason I'm even asking, is why would I want to put 35" tires on my truck, when in reality they are only 33s...??

If I put 37s at least I'm actually getting 35" tall tires... I'm sure I'm going to start something with this... Lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I understand manufacturers stated tire height, it's the mounted height I'm after. The stated tire height is always more than actual mounted height.

The reason I'm even asking, is why would I want to put 35" tires on my truck, when in reality they are only 33s...??

If I put 37s at least I'm actually getting 35" tall tires... I'm sure I'm going to start something with this... Lol
That will also vary with inflation pressure and truck weight so judge accordingly.

Sponsored

bk030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
That will also vary with inflation pressure and truck weight so judge accordingly.
not only that, but the width of the rim they are mounted on...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
not only that, but the width of the rim they are mounted on...
Yeah, I knew there was something I was forgetting or leaving out -
That's very true, too.

All a person can do is get some examples, until the tire is mounted on their rims at their inflation and their truck weight..... you'll simply get a collection of measurements as tires are installed on other trucks.YTMV (your tire may vary)
Go by the tire maker numbers - besides, LOOKS are how the tire fills the wheel well or wheel opening, the squish on the ground won't matter. So the tire maker height measurement will give you the info on how it will stick into the opening or how much gap there will be. From the center of the hub on up is what counts for looks or opening fill. Or front to back and the tire maker numbers will be accurate there.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator

Thanks
Falken 37x12.5r17 on 8.5” wide AEV wheels @45 psi Measured at 35.5“. My woman saw it “goodness. Its like guys trying to pick you up in bars. At least you delivered” hahaha

i wish someone would make a 40” tire that actually measures out to ~36-37”. That way i can put a “40“ on and boost my ‘gram following, talk shit to other people more easily, but not actually have the headache of 40” tires.

Jeep Gladiator Actual measurements of 37" tires mounted?? 9927E277-9020-4F40-9B5A-484ACB218AED

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

this is true And i had the same dilemma. I ended up setting the truck up for 37’s becauseof gearing. A 5.13 gear works with a true 37 or a true 35. Its not too tall until you get to a “”35””.

from what i have personally seen, the General tires and the Toyo Open Country’s seem to measure closest to true spec. there may be others. In the end, it doesnt matter that much. If you’re building for 35’s, then a 35 or a “35” will be fine. Just gear for your tallest option.

OP
OP
prewdog4

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I understand all the variables that will figure in to actual height, but I still say the practically none of the 37s will measure more than like 35.5. If there are I like to see some measured and shown with a tape.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
A E rated tire will measure taller mounted than a C or D rated tire also. The 37 12.5 17 BFG KO2s I ran on my JKU measured 36.1 and they were E rated, I ran them at 34 psi. My 315 70 17 BFGs on my JT E rated measure 34 and I run them at 40 rear and 38 front psi. I can't say as far as what one would measure on the JT as far as 37 but take into count what all mods you done to add weight and then decide if you need a E rated tire or C rated tire. This is one of the reasons I stick with E rated tires.

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I understand all the variables that will figure in to actual height, but I still say the practically none of the 37s will measure more than like 35.5. If there are I like to see some measured and shown with a tape.
yeah its tough.

i think with as serious as you are, long arm and 42” is the only way to go. Make sure your shocks has lots of hoses and turn-y things.

OP
OP
prewdog4

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Yep, I think 42s it is...😁😂😊

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yep, I think 42s it is...😁😂😊
the grabber x3, open country RT and goodyear mtr are closest to true 37 as youll find. Most people report report 37.25” between trailer hitch and track bar; and none of those tires fit mounted to wheels. My tire is 35.5 on the truck, 36 on the wheel. Ive got 1/4-1/2” left until it hits track bar. I dont want to go any bigger, or it means losing bed space to a wheel.
Sponsored

Last edited: